Cancer Claims Tazidude

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cancer Claims Tazidude

I posted this notice in Off Topic, and at League.
    At Mad Monk's suggestion, I also post it here.
    If you could get in on the cancer research program being advocated here at Apolyton, it would be a real good thing.

"just thought you should know that Chris passed away March 18th form the cancer he had been fighting for the last 3 years.
    you may have know him in Civ2 as Tazidude.
    its been very hard here lately miss him dearly.
    just thought you would like to know.
    MaryJane " (jewelbabe)

Thanks for posting this, Slowwhand. A lot of us played MP games with him, as did I.

My condolences to his family and friends. Cancer is a terrible disease...
    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

I never knew him, but I have been stricken three times by cancer.

Not in myself, but with those I know and love. Both of my grandmothers had cancer, luckily they survived both ordeals. It was a very trying time, there was a lot of praying and crying, it was very sad and hard to deal with.

The congresswoman I worked for, who really gave me my future if you think about it, she had breast cancer. Sue Myrick (R-NC). Those were tough times as well, and she didn't let it keep her down, she kept working hard and it really gave me pride in her. Even if I don't particularly agree with some of her politics.

I never played with Tazidude, or Chris. I never knew of him, or discussed anything with him, but its a very sad thing. This easter my prayers shall go out to his family. God rest his soul.

Peace.
      "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

My mother had radiation treatment for breast cancer. Luckily chemotherapy wasn't required.
        Luckier still, it seems to have been stopped.

Comment

Working...
        X