New Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Game

I want to setup a new game with the following parameters.

No goody huts
    No tech from conquered cities
    Map revealed from the start.
    Catepults, Cannons and legions have alpine ability (move like explorers)
    Settlars have 0 defence.

No bribing at all
    No stealing of tech or trading
    No destroying of others city improvements
    No caravans to other civs
    No wonders

King 1x 1x

Who is interested?
    <font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by markusf (edited November 13, 2000).]</font>
    Join the army, travel to foreign countries, meet exotic people -
    and kill them!

Sounds potentially interesting. It would have to have at least 3, and preferably four players, to get me in. I just hate duels... If you had a duel in mind, just let me know and I'll leave you alone.

I would also prefer a map set up by a non-player who can equalize starting positions since placement and its ramifications are soooo important. Or if starting positions are also visible you could generate maps until players agree things are relatively even.

"Catepults, Cannons and legions have alpine ability (move like explorers)" Why? Is this supposed to stabilize the game? Or just change things? I'd need to hear the reasons before agreeing.

I assume no alliances. What about cooperation between players to bring down someone in the lead?

Project Lead for The Clash of Civilizations
    A Unique civ-like game that will feature low micromanagement, great AI, and a Detailed Government model including internal power struggles. Demo 8 available Now! (go to D8 thread at top of forum).
    Check it out at the Clash Web Site and Forum right here at Apolyton!

Comment

i believe cavebear has some "equal starting position maps"

at least i think it was him.....
      he designed them for tribe games, so nobody would get a "bad" start...

------------------
      Prince of Gameleague...

Lessor Sayen of the Sayen Tribe...

http://civilizationtribes.50megs.com

Comment

A definite maybe. It looks like Pluel II has imploded.
        Most important... what times are you planning to play?

------------------
        "Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill"
        "Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill"

Comment

whenever you guys are free.

I am sure we can round up about 4 players. I also agree that we use a premade map made by someone.

My settings are basically the pluel settings with some stuff added on...
          Join the army, travel to foreign countries, meet exotic people -
          and kill them!

Comment

I am available till about 10PM EST today. But that may change. Next friday would be the soonest I could continue.

<font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by Mark_Everson (edited November 19, 2000).]</font>
            Project Lead for The Clash of Civilizations
            A Unique civ-like game that will feature low micromanagement, great AI, and a Detailed Government model including internal power struggles. Demo 8 available Now! (go to D8 thread at top of forum).
            Check it out at the Clash Web Site and Forum right here at Apolyton!

Comment

I have a truely equal map suitable for four players and would like some feedback on if interested. Equal specials on equal continents, with equal terrain. Some additional land masses and islands which are also equally distributed.
              It would be known ahead of time however just like we are all familiar with the world map, same would be with this.
              The journey itself is the thing~Odysseus

Comment

Working...
              X