No announcement yet.

Carnide, Crusty and Napster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes Crusty.....we are definitely on for Tues. 6:00 pm PDT. Carnide.....please post here to confirm or suggest an alternate time.
    " First France......then the WORLD!"

Comment

ok for me. Cya

Comment

For all intents and purposes, this game ended tonight. The end was almost an exact carbon copy of my 2nd and 3rd round games against Curumbor and Arii. Again , naval power was the decisive factor. Carnide built Lighthouse in the previous session and had the initiative......his vet triremes were the scourge of the oceans and allowed him to wreak havoc on my civ with diplos. They also allowed him to drop off unwanted caravans in my cities which allowed him to race thru the tech tree faster than I anticipated. Carnide beat me in the race to SoL by 2 turns but in so doing he had to bypass Leos. I built Leos which enabled me to mass produce triremes and forward deploy them to my debarkation ports. After getting Navigation, all the triremes turned into caravals and the attack was launched immediately ......10 caravals- 4 of which were transports holding 7 vet crusaders, 2 vet pikemen(garrison duty), and 3 diplos with the other 6 used as a screen of hunter/killer caravals. Carnide found my fleet just before it hit and a massive naval battle ensued with many ships lost on both sides. Having Magellans allowed me to keep the valuable transports just out of range until the assault was launched. Carnide lost 3 of his best cities including his capitol and HG, JSB, and SoL. Carnide immediately capitulated . I offered terms to Crusty but he wishes to continue for 1 more session. Final results to be posted tomorrow........

Comment

The Master does it again... in spades!
          He plays Civ II MP as good as he races sports cars. & he has paying sponsers in that sport!
          Told U guys this man is THE MAN to beat. That's why i nominated him.
          And he does it fair & square, no-nonsense.

Ming, Rah, Xing, & crowd. U ought to take him on / into some of your group games & see how he stacks up in your 2x prod contests.

Congrat's Nap. U R good, VERY good.

------------------
          "Hm-m-m, doubt me you will?"
          "Hm-m-m, doubt me you will?"

Comment

War? pah! Our intelegence reports no such thing other than minor barbarian activity, and advise to eat drink and be merry. hehe...but deep down inside Crusty himself seems to hear the crack of wind in sails, and the groaning of war engines straining against there lashings in the waves...whining of restless horses...

He wakes in a start and smiles to himself "it was only a dream! Its only a dream Lady Crusty! Is the royal coffee ready?" "Dang your hide Crusty!!! It's 2Am!! Get over it! zzzzzzz" "But why are these learn Latin in 12 easy lesson scrolls laying around the palace???

Nappy I know you have at least the remnants of an invasion forse left over which is either continuing on to take out Carnide and deal me a desisive blow, or has turned toward me, but I want to see the attack I guess and try out our new stuff

Milo, nice to see you again ¦-)

------------------
            The journey itself is the thing~Odysseus

Comment

Hmph....

I dont know you Nap, but I suggest you prove yourself.

------------------
              Almighty ruler and Resident God!!
              The more you know, the more you realize you dont know - Shep

Comment

And I don't know you NB of NY. You should introduce yourself.

------------------

Comment

*Stands*

I am Napoleon Bonaparte. I am in the S&D forums and I enjoy Diplomacy, Strategy, and Stories.

I plan on buying Civ2.

More later...I gotta run.

------------------

Comment

Well...this is the west coast N. Bonaparte(this is getting confusing). The tourny game ended tonight at 1260 AD. before I was able to to shift the entire weight of my civ against the Germans. Crusty ended up 2nd and Carnide was 3rd. Good game all and I would look forward to a rematch in the future. Nice comments Milo.....good to hear from you and once again thanx for nominating me for this tournament.

Comment

Yes surrender was offered and accepted in order to save lives for another day > Ok, well Crusthavn fell but was retaken and we did not want to suffer it being sacked again by the very populus Roman hordes. It was noticed that these warriors shave their faces of all hair!!! How barbaric...
                      Lets us play another one sometime.
                      How about a no wonders (maybe Apollo) geometrical map with equal special resource seed and home areas type game?
                      Thx for the tourny Cavebear, I have learned alot.
                      I just yesterday even learned to un randomize the revolt time when changing govts!!! In the Geat Library thread by Oedo.

Comment

Nap - Congratulations on the win, and congratulations on winning in all 4 rounds!!! I've entered the results in my records.
                        Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
                        Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
                        Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
                        Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

Working...
                        X