protections from diplomats and spys?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• protections from diplomats and spys?

what can i do to protect my citys from diplomats and spy's. I hate diplomtes pounding my citys. I love an fair convensjonal battle.

You can either edit the game files to eliminate these units from the game...

Or just keep them away from your cities. You need to actively patrol the areas around your cities. Set up choke points or early detection areas. There is really nothing else you can do
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Your patrol might include your own dips to bribe em and send em back to their former homeland to steal or sabotage. But unlike me yesterday with running into one of Kengels dips you should "idealy" have enough gold on hand to pull it off should you be fortunate enough to have the drop on them. They are a bargain when far from their homeland. Keeping your first lady out of the "peoples" treasury helps that.
      The journey itself is the thing~Odysseus

Comment

Another possibility is just to discuss out some rules to the begin of the game. A lot of players like to play "no bribing" games, so why not include a "no city pounding" rule?

what- my dipl didn't forward a message of sighting one of these Crustacian folk? Luck for him he is already killed by the barbs. It must have happened while I was away for getting a drink from fridge, hehe....

------------------
        greets from the Warrior of sky

Comment

ok. thanks guys for the advise!

Ming: What shall i change in the rules.txt?
          remove the dipolomate comletly?

Comment

I'm not the person to ask questions about how to do things to the files... I've never made any change, and I have no intention of ever doing it.

But yes, just delete the unit... I'm sure somebody here can tell you how, or just post it in the Civ Creation Forum... The smart guys all post there
            Keep on Civin'
            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
            X