Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ2 manual

hi everyone!

I know this is a long shot.. but I have to ask anyway.
    Is there anywhere available to get a pdf or similar of the Civ2 manual/poster? I still have my book and poster but my roommate managed to leave his behind when we moved in here. It would be helpful if he could just alt-tab over to look at the poster, etc.

thanks in advance.. i know its not likely though.

I saw a scan of the poster on the Net a while back. It was divided into four separate scans and the scanned poster was very worn, but the scans were of decent quality.

Unfortunately, I lost the link to the URL when I suffered a hard disk crash, so I'm sorry I can't help you with a direct link to it. But it's out there - try doing a search on Altavista or a similar search engine and see what it'll come up with.

Good luck.

Comment

I don't know where you can get the manual, but the poster is available at the civ fanatics center at http://civ.strategy-gaming.com/

go to the downloads section and you should be able to get it.

hope this helps
      [This message has been edited by Father Beast (edited August 13, 2000).]
      Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
      ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Comment

oh cool, I had no idea you could download the poster!
        Apolyton Empress
        "Tongue tied and twisted, just and earth bound misfit..."

"Sanity is the playground for the unimaginative" --found on a bathroom wall

Comment

I wasted an afternoon at work one day glueing all of the 4 smaller sections of that map together!!! So i've got a huge version, i could did it out if anyone is interested...
          "There are not more than 5 musical notes..." - Sun Tzu
          ...and we build an Academy for this guy... :confused:

Comment

Just wanted to thank everyone for the replies. I had already found that poster earlier. It is a rather low quality scan of a really low quality poster.
            Thanks all and keep up the posting!

Comment

You might also try the Freeciv site - www.freeciv.org

Their documents cover their rules, which are "mostly" the same as Civ2, and you won't have to worry about infringing any copyrights.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Oldman on 08-16-2000 05:21 AM
                I wasted an afternoon at work one day glueing all of the 4 smaller sections of that map together!!!

You don't really need glue it yourself. There is a link to the entire chart just above the links to the 4 smaller sections.

yeah the quality of the poster is only so so because I scanned it 2 or 3 years after I buy the game... If anyone has a new poster and scan it, that would be great.

------------------
                Thunderfall
                Webmaster of Civilization Fanatics' Center @ Strategy Gaming Online
                Thunderfall
                Civilization Fanatics' Center
                http://www.civfanatics.com

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by DaveV on 08-16-2000 11:33 AM
                  You might also try the Freeciv site - www.freeciv.org

I have found that the poster and a lot of the techtrees based on the same format (usually by scenario makers) are not particularly helpful in giving quick info on prerequisites and actual pathways. If you're interested in the Techtree for reference purposes I've found the Freeciv Techtree made by David Pfitzer an ideal reference. Despite the "spaghetti" type of linking, it is surprisingly easy to trace the techs. I have found it indispensible in my OCC games.
                  [This message has been edited by tonic (edited August 17, 2000).]

Comment

I recently bought the Civ II single player in a game bundle and the manual is on the CD as a 2MB PDF! While this is the Mac flavor, I would think that 99% of the text is relevent to both platform. I'll try and email it to you. Failing that we could try ICQ FTP.

------------------
                    "And now for something completely different..."
                    - John Cleese
                    "Don't stop thinking about tomorrow! It'll soon be here!" - Fleetwood Mac

Have you checked out the MacAddict Forums? I'm "Father of the Bar Mitzvah" if you visit!

Comment

Bigboss, I tried to email the PDF manual, but your email address in your profile kicked it back as undeliverable. If you would like to try again or try FTP either email me or post a reply.

------------------
                      "And now for something completely different..."
                      - John Cleese
                      "Don't stop thinking about tomorrow! It'll soon be here!" - Fleetwood Mac

Have you checked out the MacAddict Forums? I'm "Father of the Bar Mitzvah" if you visit!

Comment

Working...
                      X