No announcement yet.

I need help with Civ 2 MGE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks SCG! I was pulling my hair on that one! I new it was sometime around high school for me (Grad 1981) but I thought it might have been earlier.

------------------
    Different is GOOD!

AOL IM--JacSamDad
    "Don't stop thinking about tomorrow! It'll soon be here!" - Fleetwood Mac

Have you checked out the MacAddict Forums? I'm "Father of the Bar Mitzvah" if you visit!

Comment

The A-team ran from for 98 episodes between 1983-1987.

George Peppard's classic role was opposite Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast at Tiffany's in 1961.

gotta love IMDB.com!

-------
      Class of '83

Be the bid!

Comment

Well, Empress, have you finished reading the LOTR books, or did you just happen to learn the ending elsewhere? It's been so long since I came across someone reading the books for the first time, I'm quite curious about your progress and reactions.

------------------
        Proud participant in GameLeague...

Proud Warrior of the O.W.L. Alliance...
        Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
        Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
        Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
        Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by cavebear on 07-13-2000 08:02 PM
          Well, Empress, have you finished reading the LOTR books, or did you just happen to learn the ending elsewhere? It's been so long since I came across someone reading the books for the first time, I'm quite curious about your progress and reactions.

I just read it all by myself! Although as it nears the end of the book I find myself putting off finishing it. I always do that with good books, In a way I hate to finish them b/c then they are gone. I am just at the begining of "The Scouraging of the Shire."

I must say, I think Sam is the true hero through all this. Do you agree?

Apolyton Empress
          "Tongue tied and twisted, just and earth bound misfit..."

"Sanity is the playground for the unimaginative" --found on a bathroom wall

Comment

Empress, Samwise (note the "wise") is one of the true heroes of the story. Often a comedic foil at the beginning, he is one of the characters who exhibits real personal growth through the story. Sam is the character who maintains solid connections to the "real" world through all the trials and tribulations of the adventure.

Sam is the one who comes through the whole story still as himself, with the same concerns and perspective as when he left the Shire, but more understanding of the World. The other characters grow or change, but Sam is still Sam. In many ways, Sam is the central character of the whole story. He's not the hero, but he is at the center of action in so much of the tale.

------------------
            Proud participant in GameLeague...

Proud Warrior of the O.W.L. Alliance...
            Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
            Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
            Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
            Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

Working...
            X