No announcement yet.

ANCIENT world!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I find that playing in the ancient eras easier and fun too. But I find it too easy. I'm not very good at using land, sea, and air forces as one. But I find the modern era much more challenging.

I also find I tend not to know the modern tech, wonders, and city improvements as well either, and this slows my progress giving the AI a much need advantage.

I think that this series of posts are going to end up with a quote like, "Civ 3 should be totally made in the ancient era." And if it was it would be a shame. There seems to be a lot of hatred of the modern era or maybe I'm just taking it all wrong. Anyway....
    I AM CANADIAN!
    Gamecatcher: Multiplayer Civ 2 Democracy Game
    CornEmpire Owner/Operator
    Grand Minister: Dominion of the Balance & CornEmpire Software

Comment

Nahh... civ 3 should not be only ancient era. but I wouldn't mind spending a bit more time there. in civ 1, the ancient days went by so fast you hardly had time to blink before 1AD. I was gratified when I first played civ2 and actually spent time and development in BC.
      I am actually a fan of havng turn increments NOT CHANGE during the game. i.e. the old days go by just as fast, it just takes a lot longer to research back then. Kind of like the scenario setup astrogator suggested.
      Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
      ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Comment

Working...
      X