original WWII scenario

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• original WWII scenario

About the WWII scenario that came with the original version of CIV2, has anyone ever played a gave where Russia (controled by the AI) didn't overwhealm the other AIs (if left alone by you naturally )

can anyone suggest a way to make the scenario more realistic (reduce Russias industrial strenght) in a way that realy hurts them for a long time

Fiji,

My advice to you is to check out these WWII scenarios here at apolyton. I first only played the Civ2 ones that came with the disk, but yo, if you dig WWII youi gotta see some of the ones built by cats online.
    Forget everybodies tanks looking the same, forget the stupid alpine troops, get ready for SS stormtroopers, Bf-109's, Sherman tanks, and spitfires. The people online blow the disk scenarios away.
    I suggest "2194 Days of War", and or "Red Front"
    Both made by Cpt. Nemo and Alex the Mag.

Comment

....coincidentely, I don't think either of these scenarios can be found at Apolyton. You'll have to go to the SLeague forums to check it out.

BTW-If you want to cripple the USSR, just go to the cheat menu and have 900 German tanks be placed behind the Urals to take every Soviet city there
      Who wants DVDs? Good prices! I swear!

Comment

I have found that the default World War Two scenario is the most fun in three player multiplayer (Allies, SU, and Axis) because of the high technology, relatively low number of units (compared to, say, Global World War 2 scenario here on apolyton), and balance. The 2 allies really have to work together to stop the Axis collossus.

A few modifications should be made so that it doesn't suck: aqueducts and sewer systems should be sold off. Human players will do this anyway to cut back on costs and make gold, so you should just do it before hand and save it.

More fighters should be in London. If the German's are playing as a human player they can: take Paris (for 2000 gold), buy a transport in Hamburg, buy bombers in every city in range of London, make a rail to Paris with your starting engineers, turn two load 8 armor on the transport and attack london with all your planes and boats and tanks. It falls easily.

To prevent this, more fighters need to be in London.
        "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
        "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
        "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

you can reduce the "free" units that gives Communism governement, and u can...
          "augmenter la distance du palais" (distance with palace) of the communism governement
          in the Rules.txt

if u have FW or MGE: you can dl my WW2FW scenario (new version posted today) http://www.multimania.com/eyn/

Comment

I've found that both WWII scenarios (the European one that comes with the original Civ2, and the Pacific War with Conflicts in Civilization) are far too easy for Axis power : you can conquer the whole world before the end of the scenario, whatever level you play. I've never done this with an Ally, and I've found playing with SU quite boring since you can't give up communism...
            Let's see Red Front and 2194 days of war (thanks :-) !)

Comment

2194 Days of War and Red Front will astound you! Trust me, they're one of the best WWII scenarios out there. Now, I'm for Captain Nemo's D-Day scenario....

------------------
              "There's one more thing you men can say when it's all over and you're home once more. You can thank God that twenty years from now when you're sitting by the fireside with your grandson on your knee, and he asks you what you did in the war, you won't have to shift him to the other knee, cough and say, 'I shovelled **** in Louisiana.'"
              -General George S. Patton addressing his troops before D-Day landings June 1944
              Georgi Nikolai Anzyakov, Commander Grand Northern Front, Red Front Democracy Game

Comment

can you play red front and that other WWII senario if you only have the old civ2 game with no multi or expansions?

Comment

Sorry, you can only play the European one. You need CiC to play the Pacific one and FW IIRC for Red Front. Or if you have FW you can DL the Pacific the scenario and play it. Get FW, it's like ten bucks now.

Actually, I think you can play the Pacific one. Go to the scenario archives here and look for one called eastwind (that is the name right?)

Comment

so can I play 2194 days of war?

Comment

IIRC that's with FW too, sorry.

Comment

The original game can be used to play CiC scenarios if you delete labels.txt and do not mind the absence of events.

------------------
                        St. Leo
                        http://ziggurat.sidgames.com/
                        http://www.sidgames.com/forums/
                        Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

I happened to notice that one of the scenarios just posted on the front page is compatible with 2.42 (original Civ2) - can't remember which one though...

------------------

"CARTAGO DELENDA EST" - Cato the Censor
                          [This message has been edited by Scouse Gits (edited May 19, 2000).]
                          "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
                          "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

For Alex's excellent scenarios (including Red Front v1.4, Spartacus, etc):
                            www.chat.ru/~Kabalero/

And for many excellent scenarios covering all historical time periods go here:
                            www.csc.apolyton.net/

------------------
                            Go tell the Spartans, passerby:
                            That here, obedient to their laws, we lie.
                            [This message has been edited by Leonidas (edited May 20, 2000).]

Comment

Working...
                            X