Ciiiiiiiv problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ciiiiiiiv problem

I never had this before. I'm playing an Emporer game. And I meet up with other ai factions, but I can't talk to them. It says I haven't made contact with any other civs. I even enabled cheat mode and revealed map. They still wouldn't talk to me. They were revealed under my foreign screen, but they said: do you take us for fools, now begone (I can't remember the exact words, but it's like that)

It's not just you. The same thing happened to me the last time I played. I was at emperor level on the largest map. The only unusual thing about the game was that I didn't even see any other tribes units for a long time.

I enabled the cheat option, and tried out other tribes. Nobody would talk to anybody.
    It was as if there was an implied event file in the game like this.
    @IF
    NEGOTIATION
    talker=Anybody
    talkertype=HumanorComputer
    listener=Anbody
    listenertype=HumanorComputer
    @THEN
    @ENDIF
    Of course there should have been no events in the game, it not being a scenario. Just for the heck of it, I dragged and dropped my saved game onto the delevent.exe utility which removes events from a saved game. When I reloaded the saved game, I could negotiate.

What do you think of that?
    "Cease fire! Please! Cease fire. What a dreadful waste of ammunition!" -- General Horatio Herbert Kitchener
    --

Comment

It seems to happen from time to time. I can have face-to-face dealings with an AI civ, only for my Foreign Minister window to tell me I haven't met any other civs. Who knows?

------------------
      finbar
      Mono Rules!
      " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
      "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

It's possible thai this post is out of topic but Gothmog, could you explain me exactly the function and usage of delevent.exe ?
        I have discovered this long time befoer but never fond out what I can do with it.

However, I for myself had never problems with negotiating while with other civs in a Civ2 Standard game

Comment

Andz, if you have FW, quickly get Red Front and you'll see what it's for

It's used for scenarios with multiple events files so that a new one may be used when you advance to another stage of the scenario. It's great really.
          Who wants DVDs? Good prices! I swear!

Comment

Working...
          X