Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post 47

deleted
    Last edited by SlowThinker; October 3, 2001, 19:01.
    Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

I heard that SDI + SAMs give x4 defense against air raid.

If a unit has can attack air flag then it will not benefit from SAMs (from playtesting Captain Nemo's scenario Blitz).

Coastal bombardment ignores city walls and fortress.

Question: Is a fighter's effective defense decreased against land units after a city builds walls?

Comment

Post 49

removed
        Last edited by SlowThinker; October 5, 2001, 14:37.

Comment

Post 50

A question: Suppose an unit don't move within one turn and will be healed. When does the healing apply? Before turns of other civs (and so before their attacks) or after turns?
          Last edited by SlowThinker; July 19, 2001, 21:38.

Comment

post 51

From game experience, it appears healing away from a city or barracks occurs after that unit has been ordered. That is, if you hit the space bar, it heals a fraction at that moment, before your next unit is available.

However, barracks don't work this way. We may need to watch closely if it happens at the end of the unit's fortified turn or at the beginning of the next. IIRC, if the unit has been fortified, he is full strength at the beginning of his next turn. Testing will tell if it happens before or after the AI's turns...
            The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
            intelligence to few.

Comment

Originally posted by Xin Yu
              Question: Is a fighter's effective defense decreased against land units after a city builds walls?
              If I understand you correctly, this is asking if the scrambling fighter remains the primary defender once a land unit with walls has a better defense value, as city walls add the bonus only to land units. My tests were in an unwalled city. Testing would show, in other words, if the scrambling defense bonus is figured into the primary defender's value.

intelligence to few.

Comment

Post 53

removed
                Last edited by SlowThinker; October 10, 2001, 18:04.

Comment

Post 54

I think that the river bonus is additive.
                  See my post (posted July 21, 2001 12:39 PM) in http://forums.civfanatics.com/Forum2...0210-2.html#31
                  Last edited by SlowThinker; July 21, 2001, 12:53.

Comment

Thanks for all the testing! I really need to update this thread. Now might be the time to move it over to the Strategy forum, too. I'll start working on that this weekend.

The additive river bonus did not get explained clearly me in that thread, ST. Is it +1.5 or +0.5?

intelligence to few.

Comment

Post 56 deleted

Last edited by SlowThinker; July 22, 2001, 20:40.

Comment

we've moved!

This thread is now active in the CivII Strategy forum. Please post any new discussion there, as I will no longer update this version of the thread.

The new thread is:
                        Info: Combat (GL)

Thanks to everybody contributing. All discussions and results here have been included in the new text. I think...
                        Last edited by Marquis de Sodaq; July 21, 2001, 17:38.

intelligence to few.

Comment

Working...
                        X