No announcement yet.

Giga map succession game?? (Part 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yikes - we shall search the archives - If this is indeed our fault - my humble and abject apologies ...

------------------
    Scouse Git[1] -- git1@scousers.net

"Staring at your screen in horror and disbelief when you open a saved game is one of the fun things of a succession game " - Hueij
    "The Great Library has been built!"
    "A short cut has to be challenging,
    were it not so it would be 'the way'."
    - Paul Craven
    "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
    "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

The second-last post by SG(2) on page 1 does indicate that it's with you guys.

Comment

Sorry guys, we have made our turn - five moves - the Celts are dead and only the blasted Democratic Germans are left ...

Scouse Gits open more wine! Sorry, La Fayette this time it's Argentinian!

Two and a half hours later we have made a move!
        Built one or two minor home improvements (43 Markets, 48 Banks & 6 Stock Exchanges) -- sussed out the ship/railroad route to Berlin -- ready to rumble!

1824 Bonn, Abergavenny (Celtic cap) & Berlin (German cap) fall to our forces -- the Celts having fallen for the old, "We're terribly sorry, please have 1200 gold and a profuse apology for your "MAPS" trick!

1826 Neath, Aberystwyth are seduced by our gorgeous diplomatic corps - who let the bl**dy Germans get Democracy!

1828 Llanelli also falls to the Diplo corps - the Celts are no more!

1830 Konigsberg falls -- the boys are massing for the final demise of Germany -- we pass the conch

The SGs - uncharacateristically in red and white!!
        "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
        "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Game sent to Julius - we regrettably forgot to revolt before we sent this on - we are quite certain that a Democratic posture would be far superior to our lamentably religious outlook that only nets 5.5K gold per turn!!!

Comment

At last !!!!!!!!!
            Oh Man, when will you understand that your greatness lies in your failure - Goethe

Comment

At last !!!!!!!!!
              Oh Man, when will you understand that your greatness lies in your failure - Goethe

Comment

Oups, I was so excited that I hit the "post" button twice. But, so long a wait, was well worth a double post, wasn't it ?

Comment

1832 Barbarian leader offer no to sack Busiris for 16000 gold ! We refuse and lose Busiris. One city less to manage. We pursue the wise politic of our expert ICS predecessors and put almost all cities to capitalization. Only the Germans are left. We rushbuild every weapon avalaible in the cities already captured on their continent.
                  1834 We capture Bremen.
                  1836 Eh, please allow us some time to build all those railroads !
                  1838 We caputre Leipzig, Cremona and Hannover
                  1840 We capture Stuttgart, Hamburg, Cunaxa and Munich. The last difficulty will be to find the last german cities. I hope they’re all on the same continent. We build more settlers to build more railroads.
                  1842 We capture Dortmund
                  1844 We win a naval battle near Frankfurt. Probably the last of the war. We capture Naples
                  1846 We build the road not to Damascus but to Frankfurt.
                  1848 We capture Frankfurt ! End of the game : we have won !!!

Comment

Well, this one took quite some times to be played. I’m not ready for another ICS succession game yet. By the way, what happened to the AI headstart one ?
                    Here is the saved file, just before the final victory.
                    Attached Files

Comment

You actually finished it? I had already long forgotten about it.

Comment

Yeah, I did remember it. What would be great to know is who held it longer ! I guess it's the one who build the most cities
                        Although, I took quite some time to play it, too.

Comment

Eh, what's happening
                          I was expecting cheers and everything
                          Nobody even downloaded the final save
                          Then I guess nobody cared anymore about this one

Comment

Working...
                          X