Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

who here staggers in awe of some of these civ players?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excuse me, all you Mpers who are patting each other on the back, do any of you win without diplomats and spies? Just curious about that, since I never played in a MP game that wasn't filled with those nasty little buggers reaking havok all out of proportion with any kind of historical varasity. If you people win without them, then I would be immpressed, but not before.

------------------
    All knowledge begins with the phrase: I don't know.
    I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
    i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

The problem with multiplay is you almost never see modern or even semi modern units,improvements etc.
      The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

High scores never impress me. If you have a lot of free time on your hands you can be just as good. I have been playing Civ2 for 4 years and I have to admit that I am still not perfect. Besides, there are other things to do (and games to play).

Comment

Those super-high scores are more a sign of somebody with far too much time on his hands than anything. It is impressive that they took the time and effort to pull it off, tho. On the other hand, I can't help but wonder if they could instead have gotten a master's degree with the same intense work...

------------------
          "There is no fortress impregnable to an ass laden with gold."
          -Philip of Macedon
          The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
          intelligence to few.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by popcornvendor on 05-02-2001 09:38 PM
            hm....... there are 2 options here. the first is i could play these people and see how quick i get my butt whooped. 2 is i can whimper in the corner and wonder what would have happened if i chose option number 1. for the time being, i think ill just stay in the corner and play single player civ2 for a while

I am with you buddy,
            I can't help but think what some of these guys would be like if they had jobs.

[This message has been edited by jake03 (edited May 04, 2001).]

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by War4ever on 05-03-2001 10:07 AM
              .... and anyone whom i forgot as i know i have .....

Paul.

Edit: And Xin Yu

[This message has been edited by SilverDragon (edited May 04, 2001).]

Comment

quote:

I am with you buddy,
                I can't help but think what some of these guys would be like if they had jobs.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight
                I see the world through bloodshot eyes
                Streets filled with blood from distant lies.

Comment

High scores: no.

What is awe-inspiring to me are some of the AC-records, both OCC or regular. Before coming to Apolyton, I couldn't even envision winning the game with just one city. Not to mention arriving in the 1500's as well.

The near-scientific approach needed still doesn't cease to amaze me.
                  Hasdrubal's Home.
                  Ceterum censeo Romam esse delendam.

Comment

Working...
                  X