Slowing down PC before CivII start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slowing down PC before CivII start

When playing on Emperor level (or any other level for that matter), the PC seems to be able to calculate, advance and dominate much better.

Is there a way to slow down the PC/Laptop before the game starts because i'm very tired of my riflemen getting run over by russian tanks before we even hit the millinium (1900 !!!!)

Any surgestions are welcome.

Do you mean slow down the computer? Or slow down the AI's development within the game? To slow down the AI's development, you'd probably have to edit the rules.txt.

------------------
    Founder, ACS Pedantry Institute
    Founder, ACS Gourmet Recipe Exchange
    Horse and Hydey Wrangler
    Mono Rules!
    " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
    "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

There are programmes that slow down a processor but I doubt this would have the effect of getting it to play less effectively, it would just irk you by doing the same things but slowly.

I'm truly puzzled if your version plays well at the lowest levels though. I sometimes watch my daughter play. She likes to win every battle easily and to face no challenge as her civ developes so she plays at the lowest level. Her opponents never seem to get advanced units.

Just play on a lower level and on a small map. Follow the tutorial guidance about city improvements. Build a few of whatever your fastest offensive unit is (horsemen initially, elephants, knights, crusaders, up to tanks later) then send them in waves half a doxen strong against the nearest A1 cities. While doing so make sure you are also building a few settlers and founding a new city or two each turn or two. Works for her.

Comment

ya slowing your machine won't do anything.Civ2 doesn't work like that.You can run it on pretty much anything.
        Thats what the game is supposed to do at higher levels
        The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

Working...
        X