Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I find the Hanging Gardens and the Great Library on this site?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I find the Hanging Gardens and the Great Library on this site?

Smash has written that there might be some helpful things for beginners at the Great Library and the Hanging Gardens.

I can't find them!

I saw a thread that seemed to be about organizing the Great Library, but that is all I could find.

I need something that contains FAQs for beginners!

Thanks,
    sboog

You'll find the Great Library right here. It's in the "Civ 2 - Strategy" forum.

I'm not sure what Smash meant by the Hanging Garden, perhapsSmash can explain that one?

John-SJ

Comment

John, yes, thank you. I saw that. But it looked like a lot of posts trying to decide how to organize it, not the "Great Library" itself.

I'm looking for something simple. Just the fundamentals of gameplay.

Anything is better than this manual. It seems to suppose I have some knowledge that I don't.

sboog

Comment

Try this site it has a lot of info. I think its still a work in progress though.

http://www.clarkovision.com/apolytongl.html

Not sure whose this is but it was on this board
        [This message has been edited by Chris1111 (edited April 10, 2001).]

Comment

Smash was fooling you about the gardens.
          "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

I meant they are very good wonders for beginners to build in the game.
            The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

lol at hanging gardens

I'll have to check that library out, I'm sure there are a few things there I haven't picked up on yet.

Comment

sboog -- yes I fear that there is a great deal of clutter in the GL thread -- we shall eventually get it right, but the nature of things is that it will, I suspect, always be a work in progress.

However, in amongst the chaff there are some very cool kernals indeed .. you will note that several posts are simply links to other threads or documents - this is the current GL and those threads and documents are the 'Scrolls of Wisdom' that we have attempted to isolate -- the clarkovision link above is to ?jcarkey?'s attempt to extract and refine some of this information - a noble effort

Hoping this helps a little, good civin'

------------------
                Scouse Git[1] -- git1@scousers.net

"Staring at your screen in horror and disbelief when you open a saved game is one of the fun things of a succession game " - Hueij
                "The Great Library must be built!"
                "A short cut has to be challenging,
                were it not so it would be 'the way'."
                - Paul Craven
                "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
                "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

The "War Academy" at civfanatics.com is shorter and more to the point than the Great Library here, but is oriented to beginners.
                  Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
                  Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
                  "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
                  From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Lefty Scaevola on 04-11-2001 05:34 PM
                    The "War Academy" at civfanatics.com is shorter and more to the point than the Great Library here, but is oriented to beginners.

Half of the War Academy has nothing to do with Civ, just bla bla bla.

It's not the place to look for exact details and strategies(though there are some good ones there).
                    "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Working...
                    X