No announcement yet.

Help! The Carthaginians are beating me to Alpha Centauri

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congratulations for your win, Hecose! I'm glad you could make it. I would encourage you to try deity, it feels great to win in deity first time! If you want an 'easy' win, I would recommend DaveV's ICS strategy (found in Apolyton Great Library). Good luck!

Comment

Let me add my congratulations - it does feel good to pull those chestnuts out of the fire doesn't it ...

Go for Deity !

------------------
      Scouse Git[1]

"Staring at your screen in horror and disbelief when you open a saved game is one of the fun things of a succession game " - Hueij
      "The Great Library must be built!"
      "A short cut has to be challenging,
      were it not so it would be 'the way'."
      - Paul Craven
      "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
      "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

If anyone is interested to see some of my saved games, I have them posted at the website below. The saved games are from just before the Carthaginians launched their spaceship, till I forced their spaceship back to earth, and up to just before my own spaceship reached AC. For you Civ2 veterans out there the situation (in 1974) might not seem as hopeless as I described. But it was the first time I had someone else beat me to the launch, so I panicked a bit. Thanks again for helping me survive the day.

http://hecose.tripod.com

Marko Polo, I'm still a bit shaky from this game. I will probably do a few more Emperor games before proceeding to Deity. ;-)

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by hecose on 04-04-2001 04:56 AM
          Marko Polo, I'm still a bit shaky from this game. I will probably do a few more Emperor games before proceeding to Deity. ;-)

Feel free to practise with emperor level as long as you want! Still I can't resist the temptation to speak for deity (and make it even more appealing): you always start with two settlers. That's a big help!

Comment

Working...
          X