No announcement yet.

Lightning Strikes!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turn finished and sent to John and Roman.

The War of 1812 was inherited by Comrade kcbob and he vowed to do all in his power to crush the evil German empire. To that end, he changed the science rate from 20% to 60% to speed up the discovery of Robotics, the source of the All Mighty Howitzer.

Over the next decade, transports left by his predecessor were sent to the coast of Germany to aid in the war. Using the units aboard those transports, and with the units already on hand in Germany, the towns of Nuremburg, Munich, Berlin, and Konigsburg fell to our noble forces. The Pyramids were captured, Mass Production and Computers discovered, and the ripe underbelly of the Germanic people laid bare.

But, as is the way with the Peoples’ government, kcbob was ousted from power mere moments before his greatest victory, the KGB instead placing comrade John-SJ at the head of the party. In a last act of defiance, chairman kcbob stole the last remaining Krispy Kreme doughnuts to be found in the land and ate them in one sitting, overdosing on the sugar intake. At least he died with a smile on his face.

------------------
    Frodo lives!
    Frodo lives!

Comment

• Cursed be the name of the one who ate the last Krispy Kreme, I was really looking forward to that sugar rush to get me through my reign as Premier of the Sioux!

I am incremental rush buying armor on German continent until transports return from the Sioux mainland with fresh reinforcements.

1826 - Leipzig liberated (221G)
      1828 - Hamburg liberated (149G)
      1830 - Research into Refrigeration complete, now researching Robotics. Heidelberg liberated (181G)

As time passes premier John-SJ finds that his wife is calling him to put off conquering the world until tomorrow. But I have had a short and fruitful reign. With limited military resources I have left the German empire a tattered and fragmented remnant of its former self. I will leave the final thrust and victory to my capable successor, Roman the Terrible.

Victory is OURS!

(save game forwarded to Roman, cc'ed to thoth and kcbob)
      John-SJ

Comment

• quote:

Originally posted by Roman on 03-14-2001 01:19 PM
        I will not have access to the internet for the next two weeks. Please skip my turns until I return. Tks.

As Roman can't play, I think Thoth should play straight away.

Oh Man, when will you understand that your greatness lies in your failure - Goethe

Comment

• quote:

Originally posted by Julius Brenzaida on 03-20-2001 05:19 AM
          As Roman can't play, I think Thoth should play straight away.

I'm on it. Should have the results posted by tonight.
          Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
          I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

• quote:

Originally posted by Thoth on 03-20-2001 07:23 AM
            I'm on it. Should have the results posted by tonight.

Heh. It's done. Victory is ours.

1830: Rushbuilt battleships in Cuba and Hanover.

1832: City walls destroyed in Frankfurt and Bremen.
            Frankfurt and Cologne successfully bombarded.

Frankfurt captured. Bremen captured. Cologne captured.

The Germans are destroyed, and we are victorious.

If anyone wants a copy of the last turn (pre victory credits) I'll happily e-mail it to them. In the meantime.......who's up for another go round?
            Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
            I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

• Cheers !
              Congratulations to everybody !
              Oh Man, when will you understand that your greatness lies in your failure - Goethe

Comment

• Hip - hip -hurray!
                We are invincible

------------------
                If you have no feet, don't walk on fire
                A horse! A horse! Mingapulco for a horse! Someone must give chase to Brave Sir Robin and get those missing flags ...
                Project Lead of Might and Magic Tribute

Comment

• Great Result

1832 am I right in thinking that this is a record for a Succession Game?

Next time we'll knock a couple of centuries off.

----------

SG(2)
                  "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
                  "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

• Well done all - yes - let's have another ...

------------------
                    Scouse Git[1]

"Staring at your screen in horror and disbelief when you open a saved game is one of the fun things of a succession game " - Hueij
                    "The Great Library must be built!"
                    "A short cut has to be challenging,
                    were it not so it would be 'the way'."
                    - Paul Craven

Comment

• Sorry dp ...
                      [This message has been edited by Scouse Gits (edited March 21, 2001).]

Comment

• Whilst doing the research on starting techs we saved some exceptional starts … games we always meant to play…

The following are available in MP, and I think they are all on a Standard Large World. If we want another dose of Lightning tell me if any of these take your fancy.

Sioux - 5 starting techs - two specials in view
                        Egyptians - 6 starting techs
                        Babylonians - 7 starting techs with Monarchy and Trade + 2 Specials
                        Greeks 7 starting techs - one special
                        Vikings - 5 starting techs (Monarchy start) + 2 specials, 1 hut and the hint of a river.

-------------------

SG(2)

Comment

• quote:

Originally posted by Scouse Gits on 03-21-2001 05:11 AM
                          Whilst doing the research on starting techs we saved some exceptional starts … games we always meant to play…

The following are available in MP, and I think they are all on a Standard Large World. If we want another dose of Lightning tell me if any of these take your fancy.

Take your pick, they all look like great tech starts. We'll either be fighting an early war or building boats, but that should make it fun.

Comment

• Okay, everybody gather round for a group hug! This one was fun, n'est-ce pas?

If anybody wants to crank up "Lightning Strikes Twice", have at it. But we might want to hurry to sign up. I'm guessing the roster will fill up as fast as lightning. *groan*

------------------
                            Frodo lives!
                            Frodo lives!

Comment

Working...
                            X