Who sells Civ2 MGE for PC these days?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who sells Civ2 MGE for PC these days?

I recently went to buy a PC copy for my nephew and could not find it! I looked at CompUSA, Best Buy and MicroWarehouse. Nadah. Nothing. Zip. I was told that I could not even special order it! The Hasbro/Infogames site is DRT (Dead Rite Thar!) and is no help.

Anyone know who still sells MGE for PC these days? This has really surprized me!
    "Don't stop thinking about tomorrow! It'll soon be here!" - Fleetwood Mac

Have you checked out the MacAddict Forums? I'm "Father of the Bar Mitzvah" if you visit!

Mac, Shaka, all others interested, Microprose claim to have it available at www.microprose.com ...let me know how you get on, I may have a (Canadian i.e. more expensive) source for you. Good luck!

Comment

A number of people have had success finding Fantastic Worlds on eBay. I imagine you could find MGE there too.
      To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

No help. The "MicroProse" now Infogames link directs you to EBGames.com which sells neither PC nor Mac versions of MGE. They do sell ToT and CtP for PC. The link to MacSoft from the Infogames page does the same thing. It's hard to imagine MacSoft making back there development money form the port when no one sells it. Although if you go directly to MacSoft.com you can find an 800 number in addition to the EB Games link. Maybe one could order in that way.

Sort of discourging.

------------------
        Be what you is and not what you is not. Folks who do that are the happiest lot!
        - Mr. Wizard the Lizard,
        "Don't stop thinking about tomorrow! It'll soon be here!" - Fleetwood Mac

Have you checked out the MacAddict Forums? I'm "Father of the Bar Mitzvah" if you visit!

Comment

Macuser, try this link. They have it availible.

------------------
          All knowledge begins with the phrase: I don't know.
          I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
          i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

Just the other week I saw MGE as part of a Strategic 3-pack of games at Target. I think it sold for 19.99 on sale for 14.99. I also recently found ToT at Walmart for $4.95!!! Target also sells CivII for 10.00.

------------------
            Please use this email:
            theidiots@yahoo.com or
            skrobism@linuxfreemail.com
            "Bonjour, you cheese-eatin' surrender-monkeys."
            Banano Laŭrajta Registaro en Ekzilo - Bananoj gismorte!| Cows O' Plenty|Wish List For ciV | Ming on Spammers: ...And, how do you know that I'm not just spamming by answering him |"This is all about peace; and in the quest for peace you have none." -my son wise beyond his years

Comment

Working...
            X