advise for the novice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• advise for the novice

Ok I have been following most of the suggestions here and in my lastest game I am kicking the crap out of everyone but I am running out of money. Any thoughts?

You should be more factual...

Comment

As soon as I have money in the game I spend it! Caravans are always my salvation.
      --------
      SG(2)
      "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
      "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Slow Thinker on 02-27-2001 01:08 PM
        You should be more factual...

Well I Have more cities then I care to count every wonder that is can be built at this point. I have a Monachy government (I am kind of partial to being king). There is 4 of five other Civilations left most of them them still working on leaning to write and devoloping the wheel. The year is about 1700 ish. I Have more then enough troops to wipe out everyone on just a couple of turns. I was hoping to work on the cities to get them going better and I just keep runing out of bucks.

Comment

My opinion: (needn't be correct)
          You have a huge army, it means you prefered it. You cannot have everything.

Maybe you have to lower science rate temporarily.
          Do you have roads on squares where citizens work?

------------------
          All knowledge stored at Apolyton must be sorted!

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Slow Thinker on 02-27-2001 03:18 PM
            My opinion: (needn't be correct)
            You have a huge army, it means you prefered it. You cannot have everything.

Maybe you have to lower science rate temporarily.
            Do you have roads on squares where citizens work?

OK as I said Novice so go slow here. What do you mean by roads on squares where citizens work. I got a buncha roads in my more devoloped area and I am working on a rail road to connect my cities.

I am wondering if I shouldn't stop my city building and build a buncha caravans

Comment

quote:

I Have more than enough troops to wipe out everyone on just a couple of turns.

The path is clear grasshopper...
              The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

oh ya...change governments.You probably have the Statue of Liberty so go Commie first.That will help a little with gold.

Matbe its Fundy time.That will help alot with gold.
                The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by jake03 on 02-27-2001 03:52 PM
                  I am wondering if I shouldn't stop my city building and build a buncha caravans

That would work
                  Keep on Civin'
                  RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by jake03
                    What do you mean by roads on squares where citizens work.

See the city window, you may set squares where citizens work by clicking on minimap - upper left on the city window.

Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by SlowThinker on 02-28-2001 01:03 PM
                      Originally posted by jake03
                      What do you mean by roads on squares where citizens work.

See the city window, you may set squares where citizens work by clicking on minimap - upper left on the city window.
                      Thanks I will give that a try

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Smash on 02-27-2001 04:33 PM
                      The path is clear grasshopper...

Yes you are right but I was getting bored just wiping out archers with my higher level troops.

Comment

Are you rush buying everything? If that is true only do it when its nearly completed, saving you some money, not time though.

------------------
                        Sulla-The last dictator of Rome before Caesar. He changed Rome and Rome sure as hell changed him.
                        Sulla-The last dictator of Rome before Caesar. He changed Rome and Rome sure as hell changed him.

Comment

oops, wrong thread...
                          [This message has been edited by Marquis de Sodaq (edited March 06, 2001).]
                          The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
                          intelligence to few.

Comment

• Working...
                            X