Who's captaining my ships??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's captaining my ships??????

Anyone out there know why out of the blue......well actually when I'm starting to do something important...
    my ships decide to take a cruise around the world...
    Is this normal??????
    Is it a bug????
    Is it the captain and Gilligan?????
    LOLOLOLOLOLOL
    I sure would like to overcome this thorn in my side....

Thanks.........

let me guess...you're using the "go to" command?
    The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Smash on 02-17-2001 04:00 AM
      let me guess...you're using the "go to" command?

Actually.......no.....I saw that happen before....but I'm just clicking 3 or 4 squares ahead and my boats take off like bats outa hell into the opposite direction

Comment

Happened to me, too!!!

I suspect a mouse click... or a teletransporter that appears out of a Star-Trek show!

All of a sudden, selecting a Caravel and it goes back to it's home city.

Here's how it "CAN" happen;
        A menu "keyboard shorcut" orders the unit to >GO-TO< without you actually touching anything else but the mouse buttons.

I beleived it's CRTL-G? (or somethin')

Comment

What is going on is the AI refuses to cross the 0 grid on your world map. The AI becomes confused, and sends the ships along the shortest path IT can calculate. This bug was explained by someone else(and in a lot more detail,as well). Right click on the ocean squares where you observe this, and you can read the grid co-ordances.

------------------
          All knowledge begins with the phrase: I don't know.
          I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
          i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

Well....tyvm......that does explain it.......So from now on...I'm locating the 0 grid and going around the other way......that'll save me a little time from trying to gain cotrol of my ships again :-)

Comment

I would say never use the "go to" for anything critical.As shown here,it is unreliable even over short distances.
              It isn't always the 0 meridian although that is a big problem.I've had freights and what not decide my RR is no good and it would be better to go over some swamp and mountains for the next 500 years.Nowhere near 0 meridian.

I did a fair bit of "go to" in OCC 23 and it was interesting to watch the routes that were taken.Not exactly as the crow flies thats for sure.
              The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

Listen to the Smash

Always move your units with your arrow keys. It may be more trouble but at least you are sure your units go where you want them to go...
                Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
                And notifying the next of kin
                Once again...

Comment

If you clicked and accidentally held it to long then it will automatically trigger the goto command. Always use arow buttons!!!

------------------
                  If someone doesn't agree with you, you haven't explained yourself well enough-Luther Ely Smith

She turned me into a newt...well I got better- Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

How many boards could the Mongols horde, if the Mongol hordes got bored?- jcarkey

Comment

Working...
                  X