My cities won't celebrate!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My cities won't celebrate!

I have standard map, deity/raging, playing as German in democrazy. I have mike's and bach's and most of my cities have temple + marketplace. I have studied industralism. I tried the WLTxD-growth and set the luxury rate very high (70 - 100%). And what happened? Only half of the citizens (rounded down) in town were happy! So in 3-sized city only the first was happy. Looking at happiness roster there were three red faces. I had 8+ luxuries which should have changed two of them happy:

2 lux --> 1. content
    2 lux --> 1. happy
    2 lux --> 2. content
    2 lux --> 2. happy

And so on.. same happened to all my odd-sized cities. The even-sized cities had equal number of happy and content cities so they would celebrate but stop immediately after growing by one.

My capitol was the only exception, the luxuries made all the people happy that were supposed to. Has anyone experienced this before?

Yes, I think we figured this out a while back. Cities with odd population need extra help to celebrate when you have a large, but not huge, number of cities. Although your city screen shows a lot of luxuries, only a number equal to city size x 2 will be applied. So your size 3 city only goes as far as:

quote:

Originally posted by Marko_Polo on 02-07-2001 07:07 AM
    2 lux --> 1. content
    2 lux --> 1. happy
    2 lux --> 2. content

Which obviously is not enough to celebrate. You have several options: HG or CfC for extra happies, courthouse in democracy (this is why your capital can celebrate - the palace counts as a courthouse), or build LOTS of cities, to a point where your first citizen is very unhappy. Then your 6 luxuries will work as follows:

2 lux --> 1. happy
    2 lux --> 2. content
    2 lux --> 2. happy

Comment

DaveV, thanks for your advice! I built a lot of new cities in my game and alas, they started to celebrate!

Comment

I think it's a shame the celebrations don't affect cities that are smaller than size 3.

But then, celebrations from size 1 on would make it easy for sleazers to get empires large as hell, by building HG... OK, I'll take my complaint back

Comment

Working...
        X