Multiplayer Gold Edition??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiplayer Gold Edition??

Now, is this something you have to buy and (waagh!!) pay for it like ToT?? Or is it downloadable from somewhere?
    Since the no limits add-on and gigamaps only work with ToT and MGE, and I'd really have use for them.
    And if I'll have to pay for MGE, is there any way I could get the no limts add-on and gigamaps to work with the "normal" Civ2?
    You make my life and times
    A book of bluesy Saturdays

You have to buy MGE. If it's a choice between MGE and ToT, and you're not interested in multiplayer, buy ToT. The AI in MGE is messed up.

I've been told that you can play but not edit/modify giga maps with 2.42. I haven't verified this myself, as I don't have 2.42.

Comment

I have read that you can't use the gigamaps with 2.42. You can play (and as far as I know also edit) the gigamaps with regular MGE/TOT, but you need the no limits patch to create such a map.

Comment

Nope, I tried playing with Gigaworld, but the world just appeared as endless desert, so apparently it didn't work
        You make my life and times
        A book of bluesy Saturdays

Comment

I have MGE and play on and am designing a scenario on a gigaworld map.

Exile

------------------
          Lost in America
          "a freaking mastermind." --Stefu
          "or a very good liar." --Stefu
          Lost in America.
          "a freaking mastermind." --Stefu
          "or a very good liar." --Stefu
          "Jesus" avatars created by Mercator and Laszlo.

Comment

Working...
          X