Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CD Options?

New to the forum; bear with me....
    Has anyone discovered a way to work around the CD requirement for CIV II Gold? I'd like to have something else in my CD (music for example) rather than the Civ disk.

Thanks

You could also get a no-cd crack. I don't like switching CDs everytime I want to play another game, so I use them for my most-played games.

Comment

Well, I faced the same problem, so what I did was converted some of my CD's into the MP3 format, that way I could not only listen and play Civ, but I could also switch from one band to another easier. Hope this helps.

A genunine Matt Gaston post.

Comment

I got so pissed off with the lame Australian MP version that I downloaded MPG from the internet... http://i.am/extremetiger

This version doesn't require a CD. I copied the movies etc across from my old Civ2 CD so it's complete.

(Note: I have no problem with this, because I have bought
        Civ2 original
        Civ2 MP
        Civ TOT
        CTP
        SMAC
        Civ1. I figure that if they're not going to release MPG in Australia then (a) they shouldn't have copyright problems with it, and (b) they can get stuffed)

Comment

I could be wrong, but I would think that if you turn off the animated heralds, the wonder movies, and the high council, that you will no longer need the cd to be in after you have started.

AD

Comment

Working...
          X