adding downloaded scenarios to Civ II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• adding downloaded scenarios to Civ II

This is a question involving downloading any scenario to Civ II (version 2.42 since I don't have the Scenario Pack yet and with it, ver 2.62). I have noticed that I had to back up several original Civ II files (such as Units, Cities, etc.) for just one scenario I loaded. Since there are hundreds out there, isn't there an easier way than to back up each of these files for every new scenario you load (hoping that you don't get them confused)?
    Appreciate any light you could shed on this subject. Thanks!

Make a scenario folder, and then make individual folders for each scenario.

------------------
    Save the whales, collect the whole set!!

If Al Gore invented the Internet, then I invented the spell check- Dan Quayle

If someone doesn't agree with you, you haven't explained yourself well enough-Luther Ely Smith

Comment

What jcarcey proposes won't work.

With the original version you would have to download the Modpack Manager utility, place the graphics/text/sounds in individual folders and the scenario in the Civ2 folder, and install them as needed.

P.S. There are not a lot of good scenarios available for plain-vanilla CivII.
      P.P.S. You should get Fantastic Worlds or Multiplayer Gold Edition rather than Conflicts in Civilization.

------------------
      St. Leo
      http://www.sidgames.com/hosted/ziggurat/
      http://www.sidgames.com/forums/
      Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

It works for me.

------------------
        Save the whales, collect the whole set!!

If Al Gore invented the Internet, then I invented the spell check- Dan Quayle

If someone doesn't agree with you, you haven't explained yourself well enough-Luther Ely Smith

Comment

Working...
        X