whats ur top score?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Civ2 fans,

I Just started playing again and as I recall my best % was in the -400%. I guess I wasn't playing the updated 2.42 then. I remember I was going to capture the last enemy city with wonders and I flipped my score from 290% to -300% some bug or another I guess.
    I have started playing again and I couldn't agree more with paiktis22 that scores are boring. I beat the game Diety/Raging/7 Civs/Blind eye to Ai and I retire. I feel a rant coming on I think I'll put this on another post.

Maelhavok

p.s. I do understand the need to evaluate oneself with ones peers, it is valid. I do not think the score is the means however.

Comment

damn, these scores you guys get are very high for me, cause I quit the game around the year 2100 AD. My highest score has been: 74%.

Comment

132,000 score and 42,346%

Comment

my above post should clue you in I really don't care for score anymore. About 6 months ago I got into the game again, and was trying for bigger and better % and score. But I lost interest in that. So I cannot remember what my highest % is, and I reinstalled the game on my new hard drive so can't check haf.

Also I dispute the % calculation. I posted a thead on this a while back with no repsonses . One game I was messing around and activated cheat mode. Well I won in a very early year, because of this I had a low score. I conquered the world and everyone had small cities. But my % was high. I think % correlates to the year you finish (arrive AC- or conquer the world) almost as much as your score. But there is a obvious correlation with your score obviously.
          [This message has been edited by Dissident Aggressor (edited December 22, 2000).]

Comment

2100 pts

Comment

"damn, these scores you guys get are very high for me, cause I quit the game around the year 2100 AD. My highest score has been: 74%"

Diablo, what level do you play on? Like man ypeople have said in this thread, the score doesn't really matter, but I am sort of surprised that 74% is your high score, and yet you play 80 turns past many of us.

And DA, I've never gotten a high percentage from conquering the world early... I mean if you have the hard evidence, I would be more than inclined ot believe you, but the numbers I gave have also agreed with the games I have played (I've been playing Civ2 since about 96). Do you have a saved game or anything?

Comment

Working...
              X