To many cities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To many cities

Each turn, when my opponents are moving I get 50-100 "To many cities" messages. Needless to say this is incredible annoying.

Is there a way to avoid this without starting to destroy their cities. I don't have any attackforce yet, just a couple of riflemen in each of my cities and a bunch of engineers.

I'm not sure whats up with getting so many of them, are their settlers trying to build a city mutiple times? Can't imagine they are building 20+ cities each, every turn.

We are the apt, you will be packaged.

I have never heard of this. You should add some more information: are you playing FW or ToT, which version, do you have the patches (available on this site) are you playing a scenario or have you otherwise amended any of the core files.

If you answer these questions, I am sure that someone here will be able to help.

Fergus

Comment

i believe 255 is the max amount of cities and that is hard wired into the programming , could be both yourself and the ai have reached this total

Comment

Strange.

------------------
        Go Redskins!

Email me at
        SilverDragon141@aol.com

Comment

. In the 4 games where I have reach the 255 city limit, I have not seen the message occur during the AI turn (in MGE) even when they had setlors running around apparently looking for city sites. It has only ocur when I tried to found cities.

------------------
          Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
          Pontificator Pendanticus
          older richer & wiser than you
          Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
          Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
          "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
          From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

Its because there's no sea. There's too much land to settle fully, even with 255 cities, and the AIs are trying to build new ones, but they ran into the limit.
            *grumbles about work*

Comment

I'm using the original civ2 with the 2.42 patch. I have changed some of the graphics for the units and terrain. Added a few units, so the files are altered, but never experienced any problems other than this one.

Playing:
              Deity
              7 opponents
              Standard rules
              My own map (large), nothing special except there is no sea

Comment

Ok, thanks Shadowstrike.

Guess I just have to change the map and start over again then..

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Shadowstrike on 12-20-2000 08:48 PM
                  Its because there's no sea. There's too much land to settle fully, even with 255 cities, and the AIs are trying to build new ones, but they ran into the limit.

Exactly what I wanted to say.

The AI builds MANY cities, and nothing(like sea) stops him.

Comment

Working...
                  X