scenario editing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scenario editing

I really hate it when I play a scenario that seems really good except -I can't negotiate with any of the other tribes.- I feel that this is an unrealistic and unecessary restriction. Someone, please let me know how I can edit this out of my scenarios.... email me at moogoogaidan@subdimension.com please. ~

surakabecket,

In order to re-open negotiations between tribes you should go to the 'events.txt' file in the scenario folder and remove all events pertaining to 'negotiation', e.g.;

@IF
    NEGOTIATION
    talker=French
    talkertype=HumanOrComputer
    listener=German
    listenertype=HumanOrComputer
    @THEN
    @ENDIF

Removing these sections will allow the specified tribes to talk to each other. For more information on events, see 'macro.txt' in your Civ2 folder.

There are several reasons why scenario authors deliberately include these events - typically to either avoid gameplay imbalances (e.g. prevent huge technology trades, formation of alliances that may lead to 'tributes' where not intended, etc.) or plot inconsistencies (e.g. the Germans and the Allies forming an alliance in a WW2 recreation).

Comment

I think that one shouldn't change ANY codes in scenarios, unless there's a real mistake or even an error. if you think that the unability to negotiate is unrealistic then edit it out, but I wouldn't ever touch the events, except for changing "Barbarians" to "Barbaren", to make the file work in German

Comment

Andz,

I totally agree with your view, however Civ2 is supposed to be about fun (it's only later it becomes addiction ), and if a player wants to customise a game to his own preference, so be it. I myself would not make such changes either.

Comment

well, I have to admit that I edited some scnearios for myself, but those were only MPS scenarios like The Crusades, Master of Magic Jr. and The Age of Discovery

In those I fixed geenral bugs like the indians becoming too strong in AoD etc...

But I wouldn't ever touch a perfect scenario by BeBro or Cpt. Nemo

spelling changes in the rules.txt not counted

Comment

Working...
          X