Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I conquered Sikh city and got -29000 gold!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I conquered Sikh city and got -29000 gold!

I am currently playing a game as the English and conquered an Indian city earning me -29000 gold. That really hurts.

I'm pretty sure I have enough military to destroy those pesky Sikhs also knocking off Shaka and gang. However, in the interest of personal high scores... I was wondering how I can "fix" this? Hex editors? Can anyone point me in the right direction? I don't know too much about this stuff. My intention to edit the game to what it should have been before the bug.

I'm running Civ II 2.42
    Haven't been here for ages....

Ming says that this only happens when your gold is up around the 32,000 limit. He says keeping it down around 25,000 keeps this from happening and you still have enough to buy most of what you need.
    Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
    ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Comment

previous dicussion at http://apolyton.net/forums/Forum3/HT...tml?date=08:09
      Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
      ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Comment

Thanks. I appreciate the link...

I guess there's no easy way to directly edit these .sav files. I'm not a programmer...
        Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

Father Beast, I was so excited to see your link, since I have long suffered from this problem. Imagine my dismay to find the link took me to my own question (I started that thread)! Unfortunately, Ming's response (keep money in $20K - $25K range) was not useful, only in my dreams do I ever have so much gold!

I still occasionally encounter this problem (and never because I have neared $32K), and have just resigned myself to using cheat mode to adjust the figures back to where they should be.

- mindseye

------------------
          Official Homepage of the HiRes Graphics Patch for Civ2
          Latest version: 2.5
          Official Homepage of the HiRes Graphics Patch for Civ2

Comment

there is a program to change your money here on apolyton.

if you save your game, close it and choose begin scenario, you can then write *.sav and open a save game. you chose which side to play, the difficulty and voila, no cheat mode on the score. 'scenario' appears on it, though.
            Indifference is Bliss

Comment

That happened to me once in a different way. I was rush buying a unit and then it said , Cost -2900 Gold. So I felt I had to try and I got 2900 gold in my treasury.

------------------
              What if the Hokey-Pokey is really what its all about?

Contact me at cpoland@mail.win.org

Comment

Don't you just love closed-source programs.
                http://www.hardware-wiki.com - A wiki about computers, with focus on Linux support.

Comment

That happened to me once in a different way. I was rush buying a unit and then it said , Cost -2900 Gold. So I felt I had to try and I got 2900 gold in my treasury.

It was probably in a scenario that charged too much for that unit.

Don't you just love closed-source programs.

Write a decent diplomacy module and then we'll talk.

------------------
                  St. Leo
                  http://ziggurat.sidgames.com/
                  http://www.sidgames.com/forums/
                  Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                  X