No announcement yet.

The Civ 2 High Council.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just put "make the high council happy" as another of my goals in the game to make it more intresting, but lately i have not played with the cd 'cause i'm also playing StarCraft and i don't want to change the CD every time.
    Indifference is Bliss

Comment

And notice how the text below them sometimes says more than the video...?
      I also like what happens when you open then in an anarchy.

Comment

I think that the "High Council" was the very first thing I learned to turn off. Even the entertainment value paled rapidly.

------------------
        Proud participant in GameLeague...

Proud Warrior of the O.W.L. Alliance...
        Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
        Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
        Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
        Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

I dunno, I still open it sometimes... for no good reason (like watching Ricki Lake just to laugh at how pathetic it is)

Comment

I like the council, but for amusement purposes only. No real useful information can be had from it that you didn't have already from the game itself.

When it pops up at the usual intervals, I'm usually very quick to press the "No, too busy" button, but from time to time I still find it amusing to hear the "experts" at my own convenience.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Legman on 07-20-2000 09:35 PM
              I like the council, but for amusement purposes only. No real useful information can be had from it that you didn't have already from the game itself.

I generally use them purely for amusement. I have however found a use for the Attitude fellow. He will always let you know if a city is in disorder, even if it doesn't show on F4. I find that useful when the riot factor kicks in after conquering a new city. Yeah, I know. I can set the lux rate and then reset it, but I don't always remember to do that when I conquer more than 1 city in a turn :P Elvis here is kind of a safety check

Other than that, only the early science fellow (SG1's post) seems to have any value other than comic relief
              Insert witty phrase here

Comment

usually listen to the HC, though I amost never heed their advice. The last time my foreign minister told me to exchange techs with other nations, I tried and they all declared war on me at once. Granted I was pretty pathetic at the time. I felt like strangling that pretty neck when a bunch of dragoons came and took my outer cities.

I have to turn it off in FW scens, though. it gets irritatng when you have every tech and that girl is still bugging you to discover writing.

Elvis bores me, but the miltary advisor almost always cracks me up. like the time I had nothing but city garissons, and he said "we stand astride the world like a collossus". What an idiot!
                Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
                ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Comment

yeah - you have every tech and more that the enemy has, and she's asking you to exchange techs...like it is possible...
                  Das Wasser soll dein Spiegel sein
                  Erst wenn es glatt ist, wirst du sehen
                  Wieviel Märchen dir noch bleibt
                  und um Erlösung wirst du flehen.

The water shall be your mirror
                  Only when it's smooth you will see
                  How much fairy-tale is left for you
                  And you will beg for deliverance.

'Alter Mann', RAMMSTEIN.

Comment

They are real funny, but there advice sucks.

I've also played the media clips, the game dosn't use half the videos supplied with it.

Comment

For some reason I can't find the file that has those clips. I have MGE and I've looked through that folder and all the subdirectories several times.

Can anyone tell me what that filename is?

Comment

at least for 2.42, they are on the CD in the D:\civ2\video directory (with D being the CD drive)

council0.avi is the ancient council
                        council1.avi is the renaissanse council
                        council2.avi is the modern council

each period also has a separate anarchy file as well.

------------------
                        April Cantor: Sire, in order to expand further we must first gain favor of the King

SCG: darn, I've never really got the hang of that tribute thing, guess it will be a long time until i make prince

*goes off and starts gifting gold and techs*
                        Insert witty phrase here

Comment

My favorite is when your tanks are blowing away muskets and legions, and your military advisor is telling you to build more barracks...
                          Keep on Civin'
                          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Oh, duh, I was looking on my hard drive, not on the CD

No wonder I couldn't find the blasted things

Comment

Working...
                            X