Scenarios with Random Maps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scenarios with Random Maps

I would like to play some of the scenarios provided with CIV2 MGE, but with random maps.

Any ideas on how best to accomplish this?

Thanks in advance,

CRMeyer

Well, you always copy the rules, events, units, etc. to a new folder and start a new game on a random map...well, maybe not the events because the locations would be screwy, but otherwise it should work...I think...
    Who wants DVDs? Good prices! I swear!

Comment

As with the "Jules Verne" and "Samurai" scenarios included with Fantastic Worlds, you can set-up multiple scenario files saved with the extension .alt, and the computer will randomly select one of the files when you load the scenario.

This is just off memory. I also think you could either set a corresponding introductory or events.txt, but I'd have to check that.

Basically this is good for altering starting positions, no. of units, etc.

Other than that, no. You cannot play a scenario and have a random map each time, for the simple reason that the map comes first. The scenario is then constructed based on that.

------------------
      "The man who can smile when things go wrong has thought of someone he can blame it on"
      "I didn't invent these rules, I'm just going to use them against you."

Comment

Working...
      X