Buying the latest Civ II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying the latest Civ II

I am desperate to play some of the amazing sounding scenarios in the database but they all seem to be written for the Fantatstic Worlds version of Civ II. Anyone know where I can buy either this or the Gold edition in the UK?

Anyone out there want to sell me a copy? Please note I am UK based.

Anyone know if I need to buy the intermediary scenarios pack, conflicts in Civilization, as well as FW before I can play all those great scenarios by Alex & Nemo.
    <font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by a_bates (edited July 12, 2000).]</font>
    <font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by a_bates (edited July 12, 2000).]</font>

Hiya, I have both MGE and FW, I also now that you can get them at PC World North Curcular Road. When I was their last they had both MGE and FW. What I did not get was that they had two unknown ones Civ 2 Multiplayer (Not MGE) with no touchups and Civlization 2 Gold the american verison of MGE, but it had all the marking of an English release not ay Import. It should still be their, I was their a month ago.

------------------
    I have walked since the dawn of time and were ever I walk, death is sure to follow
    I have walked since the dawn of time and were ever I walk, death is sure to follow. As surely as night follows day.

Comment

I wish you success - I had to import my copies of CiC & FW
      Good civin'

------------------

"CARTAGO DELENDA EST" - Cato the Censor
      "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
      "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

I have found a copy of Fantastic Worlds still for sale at urwired, http://www.urwired.com/productdetail.cfm?id=1273 for those people in the UK. They also have the ultimate collection but as this is the Multiplayer version, of which, I have heard problems with the AI agressive level having been changed to always declare war on you, then I am thinking of sticking with the FW version.

I want to get a copy of FW as I want to play the scenarios of Jesus, Alex and Nemo that all say they require atleast the FW version of Civ II. Can anyone give me some advice. Am I best sticking to just buying FW and thus avoiding the AI change? Or is the AI change not a problem?

Any help greatfully received.
        [This message has been edited by a_bates (edited July 13, 2000).]
        [This message has been edited by a_bates (edited July 13, 2000).]

Comment

Working...
        X