What are you gonna do when Civ3 is out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 weeks before it's released I'll read ALL previews
    1 week before it's released I'll download the the warez version and play it and post what I think about it
    I'll buy it the day it's released.

Even IF the game is crap, how could I refuse to buy it ? I'm a fan, right ? BTW the more civ3 we'll buy, the bigger the change they'll ever produce civ4

CyberShy
    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

I will quit my job and become a hermit. And if I have a girlfriend at the time (not likely ) I will dump her.

Comment

I can't get civ3 right now because my family's computer is not advanced enough, but once we get a new one, I am going to buy it. Even if its not as good as civ2, it still will be fun.

------------------
        Long live the Communists!
        -- SilverDragon

Comment

I'll wait to see what the experts have to say in the Apolyton Forums. Too many new games based on old classic games aren't worth $2.

Comment

quote:

Too many new games based on old classic games aren't worth $2.

well, maybe but I consider Civilization (1) a classic and Civilization II -based on a classic- was definitely worth $2, so there is a chance of Civilization III also being a classic.

And concerning the topic; I'll go buy it directly as long as my computer is powerful enough.

Comment

from what I've seen the 2nd version is usually the best in any game.This is true of computer,nintendo,psx etc.They usually make improvements that come from player feedback.Then they go crazy and butcher version #3-why?

Hopefully,the list of ideas will be looked at very seriously although some of the suggestions kinda scare me.
              The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

I'll look at the box, see the nice pictures, fancy comments by various magazines!! and then put it back on the shelf!!!! i've given up looking at the spec requirements about 2 years ago when my P75 was already out classed!!!!

Thank god civ2 works on a P75 nicely, i just have to do without those bloody 3d dudes!??!

I love being cool and fashionably out of date!!!
                "There are not more than 5 musical notes..." - Sun Tzu
                ...and we build an Academy for this guy... :confused:

Comment

P75 was fashionably out of date three years ago, man....

I expect to welcome love back into my life for a couple of hours before taking it back for the 10 day no quibble money back guarentee, and then returning to the joy of Shogun and its Total War.

I expect.
                  www.neo-geo.com

Comment

I would say that this thread should be called Micropose's suckers thread, to the fact that you all will purchase the game even if its crap. I'll be glad the day it comes out and causes another round of insults, putdowns and disapointments. After buying TOT and hearing all the complaints about BOF, I'll just sit back and listen to the noises and see the signs "Micropose closed for business due to giving the public crappy games." but I'll also pray for a new sign, "Micropose on top of the world with their lastest groundbreaking game." Guess will all just wait and see.
                    Civfan (Warriorsoflight)

Comment

There is no question I will buy it as soon as it is out.
                      And whichever one is best for me between Civ3 and CTP2, that is where most of my Civin will be done.
                      My bet is on Civ3 tho.

------------------
                      The journey itself is the thing~Odysseus
                      The journey itself is the thing~Odysseus

Comment

I'll buy it the second it's available. I think people are going to be surprised at how good the game is going to be. I'm talking a return to mega-addictiveness. *sniff* *sniff* the good old days.

I think I'm going to ban myself from Apolyton
                        *Ming anxiously picks up 9 mm*
                        in the months leading up to the release of Civ3.
                        *Ming puts 9 mm back down.*.

Reason being that I don't want to see everything new that's gonna be in the game. I don't want to see the goodies until they appear before my eyes when I play the game.

No doubt Apolyton is going to get the inside look first. And I don't wanna see all that. Part of the letdown for me with Call to Power was having access to all of the inside looks at the game before it even came out. I was like, "I've already seen this, I've already seen that, etc."

----> HEY FIRAXIS, don't give away too much information!!!!!!

Only after I've played the game for a few months, then I'll come back and get all the inside info. I think I'd have alot more appreciation for it then.

Comment

I will reserve a copy most likely. It can't be a bad game.

------------------
                          Thunderfall
                          Webmaster of Civilization Fanatics' Center @ Strategy Gaming Online
                          Thunderfall
                          Civilization Fanatics' Center
                          http://www.civfanatics.com

Comment

Working...
                          X