How long do you play?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long do you play?

Just out of curiosity, how many hours does it take for you all to play a game of Civ II? It usually takes me maybe 15 or 20 hours a game.

How long is the proverbial? I'm in a MP game that's been going since last December. I started a duel last week that lasted about 12 turns.

------------------
    finbar
    Mono Rules!
    " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
    "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

How long do you breathe?

I rarely finish games. I love exploring, so I always use a huge map and explore, building cities as I go; eventually, the with map(s) explored and my civ an unstoppable juggernaut, I get a little bored and generate a new map, to 'play with for a few turns'.

I never do get back to the old game...

edit: added a space.
      [This message has been edited by The Mad Monk (edited April 10, 2000).]
      No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

I'm like you Mad. I play till I'm about twice as powerful as any other player and then quit (I look at the POWERgraph). After I get to that stage I figure I've won anyway, so why bother.

BTW, I play Deity, small map, small land.

Comment

I play one Civ2 game a month, all the way to the end. Average time is about 20-30 hours over a 2 weeks period. I play for 2 hours every night, 3 hours on fri and sat nights. That way, I really get into the strategy of the game and keep the momentum to the end. Then it's a 2-3 weeks break before I play again, in which I play a few other games. I alternate between a regular game and a scenario. Given my husbandly and fatherly and house/yard duties, that is the best I can do.

Comment

I play vs the AI for around 10 hrs. I'll play a game usually in 2-3 segments. My record for consecutive hours spent playing Civ is 14, it was RedFront, played from '41 to mid '44 all without leaving my computer, except for the occasional sandwich and bathroom breaks.

------------------
            I am the Ukrainian Anti-Pope!
            [This message has been edited by Field Marshal Klesh (edited April 11, 2000).]

Comment

Working...
            X