Railroad and King Richard's Crusade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Railroad and King Richard's Crusade

In my game a few days ago, I noticed that my city with KRC generating 3 shields in a railroaded plain tile. This prompted be to believe that railroad increases the shield of ANY tile by 50%. I used to think that the railroad works only for specials.

Railroads work on all squares. But if a square produces only one shield you won't notice it because the bonus is rounded down.

Comment

It definately works on all squares... I use them on forests and mined hills all the time.

Speaking of this, it brings to mind one of the things that annoy me the most about the AI - the fact that they railroad EVERYTHING!!!! In civ1 this was a great idea because any square that produced 2 or more any resource received a benifit from being RRed. Also, you had to build RR around a city site to keep from losing 1/3 movement when passing through them. However, in civ 2 there is absolutely know reason to build a RR on any site that does not meet one of these to criteria: 1. produces 2 or more shields or 2. is used to connect one city with another.

Granted, having the AI civ having railroads everywhere makes it a little easier to advance your army around a fort posted unit to get to the real prey, but this is really another problem rather than a benefit. Think how much more effectively an AI could defend itself if it had a much less intense network of railroads!

Anyway, that's my rant for the day, does this annoy anyone else as much as it does me? Or did I just get up on the wrong side of the bed today?

Albert B

Comment

Anyway, that's my rant for the day, does this annoy anyone else as much as it does me? Or did I just get up on the wrong side of the bed today?

Albert B[/quote]

The AI annoys me too....besides being unnecessary, railroading every square is just stupid looking.

------------------
        Nam si violandum est ius, regnandi gratia violandum est: aliis rebus pietatem colas
        "Veni, vidi, vici."

Translation: "I came, I saw, I conquered." Written by Caesar, in a report to Rome in 47 B.C. after conquering Farnakes at Zela in Asia Minor in just five days.

Comment

In a similar vein, the AI will waste engineer time building farmland on deserts and mines on glaciers instead of transforming those useless terrains to something better.

Comment

Working...
          X