No announcement yet.

I admit to the following DL's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Children and fools should be corrected . . .

Or else how will they learn?

Yes, Dingbat, I believe that such is usually termed, "dry" or "deadpan" humor.

But relax, I'll explain, so that you'll understand.

A DL is usually a covert attempt to post; a secret. The whole purpose is to avoid detection by using the DL as a "disguise."

Now, creating a login called "Exile's DL" then comes off as a rather backhanded way of saying, "this is no DL at all."

Your sides aren't splitting? There's always slapstick. People getting hit in the face with pies is much easier to comprehend. It's so . . . visceral.

Exile
    Lost in America.
    "a freaking mastermind." --Stefu
    "or a very good liar." --Stefu
    "Jesus" avatars created by Mercator and Laszlo.

Comment

Wow, original

Despite the fact that is was blatently not a serious login, a fact that I certianly appreciate, you can dry it out in a baker's oven, and it still isn't funny. It was funny the first time. It may even have been funny the second time, but <i>X's DL</i> is just a statement of fact now, like "grass is green".

Much as I enjoy dry and deadpan humour, I have heard better. Sorry.

And please don't call me dingbat.
      Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
      "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

No problem; no more dingbat.

So fool is ok then?

Exile
        Lost in America.

Comment

Yeah, ok, but not more than once daily.
          "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Ever see the flick, "Raising Arizona?"

The parole board folks always had the last word.

It was "OK then."

[Raising Arizona parole board voice]OK then.[/Raising Arizona parole board voice]

Exile
            Lost in America.

Comment

Allright, a quick explanation on what happened to the public:

* someone * apparently saw my posts about the login "Exile's DL" and sent me an PM, asking "Is this really Exile's DL?". Well, I answered it by:

I'd guess it is... Many people have had to use DL:s because their original logins have stopped working for some reason or another. If you want sure information, ask MarkG (Or DanQ, nut in that case do not expect a very quick answer... or how could I know if Dan is fast to answer PM's?... ).
              Now this *someone* believed that I was speaking about myself (hey, I'm not perfect... I can't always understand every single sentence completely... And I mean that it was my fault, I thought that *someone* wasn't speaking about me), and goes to tell the real Exile that I can't fool this *someone*. Well, Exile was mad at me, of course. But let me tell you all: No, I am NOT impersonating Exile, I do NOT have a DL (however hard it would be to believe) at all. It's all just a misunderstanding. Now chill up.
              This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

Situation resolved.

No problem. Misunderstanding is the correct interpretation.

Exile
                Lost in America.

Comment

Would *someone* please step forward and receive their dozen lashes

Comment

Working...
                  X