Login/logoff and cookies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Login/logoff and cookies?

Hi, I just have recently got back my password (which I had forgotten, I haven't been posting here for a long time), and I managed to be listed on the "currently online" box at the main forums page. So I decided to surf some other sites, and when I returned to the forums (via favorites menu), I saw that I was still online.
    How can I log off from the forums? Is it possible? Or will I always be registered as online whenever I access the forums page?
    Also, when I access the main forums page, it always registers that my last access was on January, 13. From that day on, I had to move to another city and since my computer finally came back to me (a few weeks ago), I have visited these forums regularly, but on the main page it's always registered that my last access was on January, 13. I guess these things are handled via cookies, right? I just wonder if it's something to do with the server change.
    Thanks for any help or explanation.

Alexnm.

P.S.: sorry my poor English.
    I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

The "currently online" scripts are updated every time a forum page is viewed, but they can't know how long do you stay at that page. Because of this, the scripts assume that you are logged in half an hour after your last pageview.

About the second question, I don't know.
    This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

Speaking of which, just logging back in.

"Let us kill the English! Their concept of individual rights could undermine the power of our beloved tyrants!"

~Lisa as Jeanne d'Arc

Comment

Working...
      X