apolyton.net / apolyton.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• apolyton.net / apolyton.com

With the intention to get to the apolyton site, I typed in the word apolyton in IE, hoping it would take me there. Instead, IE triggered an MSN search, which came up with a link to part of the apolyton website, but instead of .net it had .com. I already knew that apolyton.com existed but I didn't know that it mirrored all parts of the apolyton.net site (I thought .com just redirected to .net)

Another thing I noticed was that the search came up with almost no links to apolyton.net (or .com for that matter). Virtually all the links pointed to the old civilization.gamestats.com (and to civ.gamestats.com which does immediately redirect to civilization.gamestats.com, unlike apolyton.com)

The point of this msg? Not sure, I just noticed these two peculiar things, and thought I'd point them out
    <font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by Narck (edited January 07, 2001).]</font>

Hmmm, intriguing *cues X-files music*
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I'm using google for web searches anyway so

Comment

I thought .com just redirected to .net
        It does, in effect. Actually, apolyton.net and apolyton.com point to both civilization.gamestats.com

As for search engines pointing to our "original" address, well, updates aren't always exactly speedy in nature with them.

----------------
        Dan; Apolyton CS

Comment

to be more accurate, apolyton.net and apolyton.com are aliases for civilization.gamestats.com

this means that typing any of the followoing ends up with the same thing
          apolyton.net/civ2
          apolyton.com/civ2
          civilization.gamestats.com/civ2

Comment

It's starting to make sense

Thanks for the explanations guys

Comment

Working...
            X