Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should 'Deities' be given Areas of influence?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should 'Deities' be given Areas of influence?

I know we shouldn't talk about the post count thing, but it popped in my head after reading Darkclouds "emperor" diatribe.

So Ming's new title could be, "Deity of Censorship", while Mao's would be "Deity of Spam."

Later arrivals would get their own.

What you tink, hah?
    I'm consitently stupid- Japher
    I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

I'm going to have to say no, Theben, at least for the time being. I do not see what practical purpose this would serve...

----------------
    Dan; Apolyton CS

P.S. Incidentally, Ming's title would NOT change to anything of the sort in any event.

Comment

Two responses:

1. Well the titles themselves have no useful purpose...

2. It would improve the civish feeling of the board. Imagine CTG being diety of the Romans, etc. etc. bla bla bla...

Comment

I noticed you didn't say Mao's title would need to be different...

You may recall that "in the beginning..." I was against not only the title system but post counts as well. I don't remember the titles having a useful purpose (other than insuring that we'd always have a fresh supply of "What's settler/warlord/etc. mean?" from newbies). I'm just taking things one step further. In the name of silliness, of course. At least I wouldn't have given AH the title of Troll. He seems to enjoy it too much.
        I'm consitently stupid- Japher
        I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

I call 'Perpetual Prince' when I become a Deity!

Actually Theben, if this doesn't give the mods too much work it would be a good idea.

Deity of the Romans
          Deity of the Egyptians
          Egyptian Deity

Grand Supreme Pharaoh
          Grand Supreme General
          Grand Supreme Deity

------------------
          QUOTE LINES FOR RENT:

Maximizing Macromanagement
          --A snake in the hand is worse than two in the bush

Perpetual Prince
          -->Visit CGN!
          -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

There appear to be a significant number of posters who a investing a large portion of their ego here. I suspect this to be unwise and unhealthy.

------------------
            Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
            Pontificator Pendanticus
            older richer & wiser than you
            Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
            Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
            "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
            From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

And what should we do instead, lefty?

Comment

We'll just use Tarot cards to determine their fates... Both gets one card, from different decks.

Ming gets... Temperance!
                Mao gets... Temperance upside down!

[OK, OK, I know, nobody understood that]
                This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

I've thought about it and I've come to the conclusion that this is not an idea that will not be picked up at this time.

Thread closed.

----------------
                  Dan; Apolyton CS

Comment

Working...
                  X