Wierd Thread Shenannigans: FAO Moderators/Admin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wierd Thread Shenannigans: FAO Moderators/Admin

The front page of the OT forum lists a thread as "What If: A Britmmends", citing myself as the starter. The title appears to be a mix up between "What if: A British North America" (which is not mine) and "Book recommends" which is. The link leads to the "What If" thread, and mine has completely disappeared. Any ideas what's going on?

------------------
    The best way to avoid errors is not to do anything - Dr Beardon (Maths)

("Something is worth doing"=>"It is worth doing properly")<=>("Something is not worth doing properly"=>"It is not worth doing") - A truth first expounded by Murgatroyd
    The church is the only organisation that exists for the benefit of its non-members
    Buy your very own 4-dimensional, non-orientable, 1-sided, zero-edged, zero-volume, genus 1 manifold immersed in 3-space!
    All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.
    "They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara

Right, the America thread is back, and the strange double thing has gone, but so has my Book Recommends thread. Any ideas where?

------------------

("Something is worth doing"=>"It is worth doing properly")<=>("Something is not worth doing properly"=>"It is not worth doing") - A truth first expounded by Murgatroyd
    The church is the only organisation that exists for the benefit of its non-members
    Buy your very own 4-dimensional, non-orientable, 1-sided, zero-edged, zero-volume, genus 1 manifold immersed in 3-space!
    All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.

Comment

I have no real answer for you except "The Apolyton Curse Strikes Again"

I did not delete your thread... and from what I remember of it, I saw no reason why anybody else would either.

I wish I could give you a better answer.

------------------
      Ming
      CivII & Off-Topic Forum Moderator
      Ming@Apolyton.net
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Hmmmm... it seems to be back now.
        http://apolyton.net/forums/Forum23/HTML/017906.html?22

I have no clue...

------------------
        Ming
        CivII & Off-Topic Forum Moderator
        Ming@Apolyton.net
        Keep on Civin'
        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Very odd. But, all's well that ends well, and all.

------------------

Comment

If it is any help in pinpointing the aforementioned curse, this seemed to happen just after my first post in the "Book Recommends" thread.

When I finished posting (it was on page 2 of the thread list, I think) I hopped to the front page expecting to see it near the top, and could not find it at all. Around the same time I got confused by the If Britgarbleflarble error too!!

Comment

Working...
            X