Broken column links?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken column links?

Following my own advice, I decided to go through the archives of the column, to read the old ones.
    From the column archives page, there are several columns which are unaccessible and just give a blank page.
    specifically: columns 5,6,12 and the whole run from 26-39.

So are these gone for good? or are they accessible another way?
    Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
    ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

only 5 was a wrong link, everything else is just fine!

Comment

something must be wrong, because after reading your post, Mark, I went back and tried it again and only got a page with just an ad - no article.
      That is, the ad and the Misc. section header.
      <font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by Father Beast (edited September 13, 2000).]</font>

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...

Comment

which page?

Comment

I checked some of those columns you mentioned and I have no problems loading them.

Comment

I don't know what the deal is. Mark, I saved what I had got for columns 5 and 6 and sent you an email with them attached. maybe this will help in diagnosing the problem.

Comment

Hmmmnnn... I was able to see the article on #6, for example (haven't tried the others yet), by viewing the page source, but I can't read it on the page directly!
              Can anyone tell me what I might have enabled or disabled on my browser that interferes?
              Please??

Comment

ok, By saving the columns in question to my own hard drive and editing the page, I was able to get it working. I'm not sure what I did, just added a piece, then deleted it, and it works.
                Thanks for all your help guys.
                now, if I could only get that civ1 spoken intro to work...

Comment

Working...
                X