Civ2 main page issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ2 main page issues

1) FYI - no hurry to clean it up - but a couple of guys are spamming the nearly worthless Short-tips section. While you are at it - wouldn't it be easier to just link the short-tips heading to the Strategy Forum?

2) On June 7th there is a news item about some 3page book a guy is selling about optimizing spaceships. As Ming can well attest, that info has been available for free in the Strategy section for some time. If you are going to establish a precedent for selling the free info in the strategy section, I would suggest getting it copywritten yourselves.
    Be the bid!

1) Will ask Markos to take a look at it...

2) If true, than this is a case of buyer beware -- appreciate passing the info our way nonetheless...

If anyone has purchased this guide and it is indeed ver batum as to something that has been posted in the Strategy section, or pretty close to what is there, let me know via email ASAP.

We have no intention of promoting a product that falls under this category, and if proven, the article will be removed from our archives -- you can count on it.

----------------
    Dan; Apolyton CS

Comment

Just a friendly reminder, when time allows, to have somebody do a little sweeping up around the short tips section. I tried to add a tip with a link to the strategy section, but it didn't work and I can't edit it. Sorry.

It seems as though newbies to Apolyton might go first to the tips section and I don't like the thought of them being turned off to the quality of Apolyton just because some jerk is spamming "you suck" all over it. With a little instructional "how-to" help, I would be more than happy to maintain that section of the site.
      Be the bid!

Comment

Markos is in charge of the Tips section, so I'll let him respond to your concerns.

What I will say is that I hope people are not turned off of Apolyton simply by what they read in a Tips-section of one area of the site where there will more than likely be individuals who try to spoil the quality of it for everyone else...

----------------
        Dan; Apolyton CS

Comment

Sten is right.

The short tips section is a turn-off. You have to wade through too much -uh...let's be friendly- not quite up-to-par stuff to get to the good posts.
          Just go over it once with a 'delete post' button within reach. Or maybe authorize Sten to do it.

------------------
          Hasdrubal's Home.
          Ceterum censeo Romam esse delendam.
          Hasdrubal's Home.
          Ceterum censeo Romam esse delendam.

Comment

before: 257 entries. now: 209
            let me know if i missed anything

Comment

Why don't you close it altogether? IMHO it doesn't add anything to Apolyton, people who want tips or want to give them are better of in the Civ2-strategy forum...
              Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
              And notifying the next of kin
              Once again...

Comment

it will probably be, when the civ2 section moves to the new layout...

Comment

Working...
                X