Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Column #121; By adaMada

adaMada wrestles with the question about some
    users' reputation in the Off-Topic forum in his article entitled "<A HREF="http://apolyton.net/misc/column/121_reputation.shtml">The Spammer's Reputation</A>".

Comments/questions welcomed here.

----------------
    Dan; Apolyton CS

I think adamada is right with the statements. particularly...

Comment

Just how relevant is a person's post count? Would you rather have someone with 10,000 posts like "Yeah, dude!" or someone with 10 posts who describes an effective strategy for controlled expansion?

------------------
      Don't try to out-weird me. I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal. - Zaphod Beeblebrox
      Don't try to out-weird me. I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal. - Zaphod Beeblebrox

Comment

Agreed! And as for the post count, if you hang around for a while you learn who's worth listening to and who's just trolling...

------------------
        Just a thought......
        Just a thought......

Comment

So do i... i'm currently a "civ2 addict", and i think Apolyton forum "is what it is" not only for hints, tips and strategies.
          It's also a way to express ourselves speaking about something both of us likes to do.
          Best regards, Prometeus
          "Io non volgo le spalle dinnanzi al nemico!!!" - il Conte di San Sebastiano al messo del comandante in capo, battaglia dell'Assietta
          "E' più facile far passare un cammello per la cruna di un ago che un pensiero nel cervello di Bush!!!" - Zelig
          "Live fire, and not cold steel, now resolve battles" - Marshall de Puysegur

Comment

*puts on flamesuit with anti-Jools shield*

Yes yes, I know Jools (or was it Monk?) started the Apolyton Cafe.

Anyway, Apolyton is what it is, I for one come here for fun, if I really want a serious conversation, I'll talk face to face with someone. Though some debates here are interesting, I still come for fun. That includes jokes and stuff, etc. etc. Apolyton would be a dull place with only debates going on (going nowhere?), so some try to make it fun. Hell, if you really look into the coffee shop threads, many of the posts weren't even mine.
            Who wants DVDs? Good prices! I swear!

Comment

Working...
            X