Merit Awards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merit Awards

How about awarding 'medals' if you will, for great ideas...such as the ones from Apolyton's list for Civ 3 that make it into the game? Or for anything worthy of note in fact. A little medal displayed next to a persons name would be fun, also in the Birthday FAQ would be written what the person recieved it for.

Yes?
    No?
    Testing?

Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

If I get one, that's one vote for yes...

If I don't get one, that's one vote for no...

So you see Lancer, my vote is actually in your hands

Who wants DVDs? Good prices! I swear!

Comment

I like it but I don't want an award. I want a job at Firaxis if I win. Can you arrange this?

Either that or a date with werefox can be the prize!

I know you like that idea.

Comment

I can see MarkG laughing right now. oh! and DanQ also.

Comment

They aren't the only ones laughing
          Keep on Civin'
          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Laughing w/ joy that this idea has been raised no doubt.

This was intended to be funny, yeah, yeah...that's it...

ha ha

ooooohhh

I forgot, I'm a happy guy.

Comment

I like the Idea…

Because I want one!! (Medal (but job at Firaxis would do fine) )

------------------
              adaMada
              adamada@springmail.com
              <font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by adaMada (edited April 22, 2000).]</font>
              Civ 3 Democracy Game:
              PTW Game: Proud member of the Roleplay Team, and Ambassador to Glory of War
              Intersite PTW Game: Member of Apolyton

Comment

Erm no. It's the thought that counts, though.

----------------
                Dan; Apolyton CS

Comment

warvoid, i will be more than pleased to go out with you on a date if you win the contest because your idea of a werefox unit was accepted in the final game design of civ 3. so be convincing!
                  Queen Werefox: As you know, Planet Werefox has the greatest underwear mines in the universe. If Microsoft has their way, there will be no underwear at all! --imran

Comment

werefox - is that a bet?
                    If so I accept.

Comment

My vote... maybe

Oh wait... I didn't read the mods posts...

Ming, who else is laughing, we all know you're just markg's d/l
                      I'm 49% Apathetic, 23% Indifferent, 46% Redundant, 26% Repetative and 45% Mathetically Deficient.

Comment

DanQ is just responding to someone named "erm". Perhaps he's in the wrong thread. Don't worry ppl, this idea is a sure thing, keep those positive comments coming in!

Ming, I'll foil your evil plot to destroy Merit Awards and romove this effective tool from the moderators!

erm, wait a minute...

Comment

I don't see what's so ridiculous about the suggestion. It would be good because:

1. You get a medal because you're recognized for doing something great.
                          2. The medal is not like a post-count...spamming will get you nowhere.
                          3. It could raise the standard of excellence in ideas. Because many would want a medal, many would try to be more innovative.

Of course there are some problems:
                          1. Somebody has to moderate the awarding of medals
                          2. People could get upset if they never get an award, yet think they deserve one.

But those could be handled with the formation of due process. For example, people must be nominated, and it must be something that stands out.

I can think of a good example. Celestial Dawn should be given a 'CTP Mod Excellence' Medal.

And the Apolytoners (~ top 3 contributors)who compiled all those ideas in the 500 page suggestion book should get a 'CivIII Suggestion Excellence' Medal.

Someone could nominate them. Others could vote. When there are enough votes (say 20 or more) then DanQ/MarkG can consider the medal.

Personally, I think that a "member since" posting and space for medals would be much better than post count.

Comment

And if there is a Sid level in CivIII as the level above deity, I'll get a medal? Will I?
                            This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

Hmmm... merit awards...
                              Isn't that what the "Apolytoner of the Season" awards are?
                              <font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by Ming (edited April 24, 2000).]</font>
                              Keep on Civin'
                              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                              X