Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SMAC Multiplayer ICQ Active List - Join Today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SMAC Multiplayer ICQ Active List - Join Today!

Hey, this idea came mostly as an extension of my last post and the response I got - it seems people *like* the ICQ idea, which makes sense since most people use ICQ anywyas, and it would be nice to know when other SMAC players are online and up for a game.

Anywas, so I set up an ICQ Active List just for that purpose. For those of you who don't know about Active Lists they are basically a very fancified version of a messgae board with the added bonus of being integrated into ICQ and a load of management options - which make for high versatility.

The idea is that setting up a game rigth now can be very time consueming - even with msg borards - however with an AL you communicate via instant messages not posts so youc an set up a game on the go.

If you are interested in joining click below (if you have ICQ running):
    http://wwp.icq.com/scripts/wwp.icq.c...veto=106808331

and you will automatically be added to our list. Active List support may not work with old versions of ICQ - make sure you have the latest.

Active Lists require a server app to run right now which currently sits on my computer. I will leave the server running on my computer for 48 hours from now. If there is enough demand I will move it to a more reliable location.

Hoep to hear from you!
    "PROCASTRINATION - Hard work pays off later, lazyness pays off NOW."

Not a bad idea!
    I don't play online games, only PBEM as my schedule is always full but it would be interesting on creating another Active List for CTP.
    I don't know if you play CTP but there are some who do so if interested I could post a similar topic in the CTP Multiplayer forum.

Comment

I just tried it and got an "unknown database error." Is your server up?

[This message has been edited by big_canuk (edited February 02, 2001).]
      Team 'Poly

Comment

well.. Now I have "SMAC Multiplayer(1)" as an active list, but join is greyed out. Is that cause your server is down?
        Team 'Poly

Comment

Working...
        X