Help on First A.C. E-Mail Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help on First A.C. E-Mail Game

Please can someone tell me how I go about joining my first E-Mail Game?
    Where do I find others who want to play?
    How do I get going?

A Keen Newbie willing to learn, looking for a patient guru to talk me through my first faltering moves!

Steve.

Hi Steven. You've come to the right place.

Apolyton has an informal tournament which is managed by our capable CMN Tau Ceti. Don't be put off by the fact that it's a tournament - there's no knock-out element and you can play as many or as few games as you like. No-one takes the scoring especially seriously

Quite a few newbie players have signed up recently. All you need to do is go here and post stating your email addy, preferred factions, preferred difficulty level and how many games you would like. There are two kinds of game available:
    - random map/map of Planet, usual start, 4 players and co-operative (ie team) victories are allowed.
    - tournament map, accelerated start (extra pods and scouts), 4 players, only one winner. Tourny games tend to finish a little more quickly.

Post that you're new to PBEM too. It's actually pretty straightforward - PBEM is just like using the hotseat option. You load your turn using the hotseat/PBEM option in the multiplayer menu, play it, hit end of turn and *then* save the game, zip it and email it to the next player. That's it. But there's plenty of assistance around if you're not sure what to do ...

Enjoy!
    - Mis
    [This message has been edited by Misotu (edited January 15, 2001).]
    Team 'Poly

Comment

Misotu has said it all. You would be very welcome...

Comment

Working...
      X