No announcement yet.

Turns of ACT008 game in Apolyton SMAC Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would not be so sure of anything... Paul was originally using that jet that destroyed one of my cities to pretend to be on your side while he built up a force to attack you but I was not sure who to believe to I took an opportunity and gassed one of his biggest cities.

This map is so small that airpower is disgustingly potent.

None of your planes will be returning home Michael.. and you do not have any interceptors close enough to my land to counter-counter attack. My production is magnificent and I do not have any bases with garrisons that Paul can attack near his coast. It will be a while before I can start getting jets in range of your land to defend my units that are in Michaelville right now but then again you simply cannot replace those lost gas bombers quickly. 2-3 more planes coming online next turn.. and so on. My job would be significantly easier if I had fossil fuels but it does not make much of a difference since no one has AAA and it is just a gas a thon- impact jets are much much cheaper.

The ratio of my attacking hardened gas impact interceptor to your disciplined gas bomber was like 13:1 ... clearly attackers win in this current tech scenario.

The losses of more and more units in the northern part of Michael's continent will have to continue.. but if I were you take those garrisons out of university base. I think I have a few gas bombers that are just aching to pay that city a visit.. even if I never get the command nexus taking out your 1 city with even 1/2 way decent production would be quite suiting for me.

Comment

• 2142 to Michael. The gassing of my biggest base is certainly not appreciated (understatement) and will be retaliated by peacekeeper forces.

Comment

• ****yawwwwwnnnn**** turn to the Fixated Colonel, or should it be Corporal.

Your "magnificent" production is a bunch of ICS'd size one to three bases, with no defenders, with fungus soon to be full of pissed off worms all over the place.

Then there's MMI and drop units - you can't kill Paul fast enough to prevent him from getting it, and he might get it from an artifact link. Simple point is, you can't defend with your pants down, and looking only one way. Your air units have to either refuel, or replace themselves every time. If they refuel, he gases you. If they don't, your magnificent production is useless.

Then again, leaving your pants down lets Paul build cruiser transports, put on a single scout rover, and take your bases two at a time.

"I think I have a few gas bombers that are just aching to pay that city a visit.. even if I never get the command nexus taking out your 1 city with even 1/2 way decent production would be quite suiting for me."

No offense, but WTF Newbie crap is this?
        Looked at the power graph lately?
        You don't get points or prizes for taking out one faction's base, you do it for winning the damned game. You've just given it to Paul, but you don't realize that yet. Go ahead and gas anything you want - it won't make a bit of difference to the end result. Your invasion force is all but gone, and while those "magnificent" size one, two and three bases hang there naked and crank out a plane every four or five turns, Paul's production cranks out way ahead of yours - 7 turns at most to MMI, and you're gone, if the worms haven't started working on you by then, or if Paul doesn't get MMI sooner.

I'm not in this game anymore to win it - once one fairly equal faction makes a suicide charge for another's benefit, which is what you really did, it's all over. Paul must be sitting back laughing at how the game was handed to him.
        When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

• 2143 to Michael

Comment

• It has been 5 days since my last turn and nothing happened yet. What's the delay?

Comment

• I have not recieved turn 43...

I know that Michael has been awfully busy designing a 7 pplayer game on ACOL that I am proud to take part in but it is a very time consuming process because it is in SMACX and he needs to play quite a bit into each game to determine if it will encounter a scenario editor bug.

Comment

• double post
                [This message has been edited by Enigma (edited April 17, 2000).]

Comment

• 43 -> Paul

Things are rolling again Err more gas

Comment

• 2144 to Michael.

Comment

• BTW, Enigma, I didn't like the fact that you took my number 1 base. But I did have a probe team on the way to that base which allowed my to finally infiltrate your datalinks.

Comment

• This game is moving very slow. Where is it now?

Comment

• 2145 sent

Comment

• You were council head and have tech lead.. you did not have anything to gain from probing it.

I should have killed it when I had the chance. Oh well time to be a good little Spartan and die

Comment

• 2146 sent.

Comment

Working...
                              X