No announcement yet.

Secret Project Dependency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The asteroid strike has me more concerned than enemy action in most games. Spreading the SP's (1 or 2 per base -- except HQ w/ ME, SC, ToE) around is the best solution. Put HGP and VW in different bases.

The worst thing about losing the CDF or HSA to an invader is that base recapture becomes that much more difficult.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Net Maverick on 05-16-2001 08:46 AM
      Misotu:

Have you ever played a MP game where you had perimeter defenses in your bases, captured the CDF from another player, and then your opponent recapture the base? If so, did the bases that had a perimeter defense constructed prior to the capture lose their defenses?

No, I have never had this happen. However, I have captured the CDF. I am pretty certain that, under the circumstances you describe, a constructed perimeter is a constructed perimeter. Which is to say that if you have built a perimeter in a base (or you capture a base which has a perimeter) that perimeter remains in place regardless of who owns the CDF.

When you take a base containing an SP that confers free facilities, you'll see a star against that facility in bases where it has actually been constructed. I have *never* seen a situation where that changes. Indeed, in MP, some experienced players will actually construct aero complexes in their key bases before building the Cloudbase. They do this because they want to retain an aero complex in the event that the Cloudbase falls.

So I am certain that you would not lose facilities under the circumstances you describe.
      Team 'Poly

Comment

Man SP's are cool and sense I bulid mine in well defended,well devolped,in short well off cities in the cradle of my often very large planetary empire I ussaly have nothing if anything I ussaly take the comps SP's and they sometimes counter-attack with everything they have chrusing my freshly made defense if they have enough units to do so and then they "take" an SP other than that im ussaly surpreme leader or part of the aliance that controls the planet b4 nukes are availble.

------------------
        Tyler Messer
        "Theres no time to discriminate hate every mother****er thats in your way!"

Comment

Working...
        X