No announcement yet.

Rescue Fac Leaders, but where?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is probably completely unrelated, but...

I was playing a game on the HMOP and had conquered everyone except Dee (still proudly independent), Lal (my pet - 1 base left) and Zakharov (Vendetta). Lal had declared Vendetta on Zakharov because of our Pact. I wanted to keep Lal safe, so I tried to swap his last base for one of mine on the opposite side of Planet from Zakharov. Unfortunately, I selected the wrong option, and threatened Lal with a Pact cancellation if he didn't give me his last base!
    He agreed, but I got no 'faction eradicated' message. In fact, when I looked on the commlink menu, Lal still existed! I could talk to him, give him techs, everything, but he hadn't a single base to his name!
    Odd, eh?
    (Eventually I gave him back his last base, and eliminated Zak from the picture.)
    Another thing - how come, on the Economy readouts, some factions still have energy credits even though you've conquered them? Once I took Zak's last base and got about 15 credits from the capture, but when I looked on the Econ readouts he still had about 500 credits left! (And we had salvage the Unity core aaaages ago, so it can't've been that!)
    "Love the earth and sun and animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown . . . reexamine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency" - Walt Whitman

Comment

Fanatic, No bases? Every time that seems to have happened to me I find that the faction has founded a base I know nothing about and have to go hunting for it. Did you double-check the F4 screen to see that he had no bases?

BTW, When you free captured faction leaders, for a while they are there,but without bases. They have a pod instead. Perhaps this is what happened to LAL.

Ned
      http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Lal wasn't freed, he never got conquered - oh yeah, except by me, but I didn't take all his bases - left him two.
        I checked the F4 screen. No bases. I checked his military - all colony pods lost in action.
        ????
        "Love the earth and sun and animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown . . . reexamine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency" - Walt Whitman

Comment

Working...
        X