No announcement yet.

Pirates obsessed with transports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with Closey's advise is that you have to do this in EVERY base. Which would take awhile to do since you're probably not doing it immedietly the same time as you built the base. If you have like 100+ bases, the it would take a some time to make this happen. Clicking a governer is less timeconsuming but also less effective and precise.
    It's close to midnight and something evil's is lurking in the dark.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by knowhow2 on 05-08-2001 02:45 AM
      Problem with Closey's advise is that you have to do this in EVERY base. Which would take awhile to do since you're probably not doing it immedietly the same time as you built the base. If you have like 100+ bases, the it would take a some time to make this happen. Clicking a governer is less timeconsuming but also less effective and precise.

Yes, but when you've done it in one base you usually get the same options selected when you go to that menu in another base. So it's pretty much a two-click per base thing. And I don't find that as much of a drag as having to build everything myself when having too many bases.

Comment

The specific sub-thread I am replying to is tweaked AI

I tried a game scenerio setting all AI's priorities to Lotsa Colony Pods, Formers, then I added "BUILD" and "emphasis growth" to the personalities, and in some cases reduced agression. I also set some AI's to team up against human player, and yang and miriam to commit atrocities.

Then I went and seeded the map with forests, putting a couple of forests (of size 4 to 8 tiles) near each AI, I gave myself a smaller forest. In any unihabited areas I planted a forest too. To top it off I gave each player except me and dee (my neighbour) a few boreholes, which would kick in once they had big enough bases & restrictions lifted.

Other than the smaller forest for me, and less favourable start position for me the AI's had no other advantages. Incidentely this SMAC, I play that because it runs faster than SMAX.

Anyway, I played morgan, it's 2220 and I am definetly playing catchup, Yang and Zak both have Advanced Spaceflight (I have spaceflight), the AI's seem to be in some trading pact, and i'm not invited, everyone is getting techs at about 1 every 7 turns, including miriam, but she a bit behind in tech. Dee has been a loyal ally, and I buy tech from her, but the other factions hardly talk to me. Yang has been building infrastructure like crazy, his bases are better outfitted than mine (then again he does have the jungle, lucky chairman). Lal has that northen isle all to himself, he is in the process of starving his bases by building aircraft and running FM. The only SP's I have are Virtual World and Ascetic Virtues. I'm predicting any turn now Yang is gonna launch some satellites. My sky-hydro lab is getting lonely anyway.

Oh yeah, and those forests. They spread like crazy, so fast that the AI hardly had time to put crappy terraforming down. Combined with tree farms the AI's are doing pretty good, and have some large bases in the big forests. Remarkable how much sensible settings and decent terraforming improves the play of the AI's. One change to make the AI MUCH more competive would be to reduce the FM penalty to -2 police, so they can have a military without killing themselves. (player could add penalty, FM to his faction). Another thing would be to give them free treefarms and clean reactors.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Chowlett on 05-06-2001 08:29 PM
          What's the UBM?

The Ultimate Builder Map. Can't remember where I got it - I think it's one of DilithiumDad's creations - but it is fantastic. It's a bigger, better, fairer Huge Map of Planet and if you're quick you can colonise up to 2/3 of the land without a single Vendetta!
          Seriously, though, it rules. And I executed seven Governors last night for insubordination.
          "Love the earth and sun and animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown . . . reexamine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency" - Walt Whitman

Comment

Working...
          X