Rescuing atrocity victims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rescuing atrocity victims

As the topic states, what will happen if you do so?

Say for instance you PB'd someone half to death, or gassed them for that matter, and just left their empty cities to be raided by some othe faction. Later you send a probe to rescue them.

Will they still be your submissives or will they declare vendetta as soon as they're out of the spheres?
    Don't drink and drive, smoke and fly.
    Anti-bush and anti-Bush.
    "Who's your Daddy? You know who your Daddy is, huh?? It's me! Yeah.. I'm your Daddy! Uh-huh! How come I'm your Daddy! 'Coz I did this to your Mama? Yeah, your Mama! Yeah this your Mama! Your Mama! You suck man, but your Mama's sweet! You suck, but your Mama, ohhh... Uh-huh, your Mama! Far out man, you do suck, but not as good as your Mama! So what's it gonna be? Spit or swallow, sissy boy?" - Superfly, joecartoon

Good question.

My guess would be that they'd be submissive. Rescuing is often the overriding factor - because the faction is fresh and new, they probably will not even "remember" your past actions. But then again, I'm only guessing .

Comment

I don't know but I love the idea. I'll have to try that next time stupid Sven or Miriam decides to go down with the ship. My expectations are that SMACed is right (being sooooooo glad to get out of that punishment sphere).

Comment

As a regular player of the Hive and a fervent believer in the doctrine of role-playing your chosen faction to the hilt, I have to admit that I've had many an opportunity to do this

I had gassed H'minee many many times and was preparing to kill her dead, when the Cybernetic Consciousness conquered her last base and took her prisoner.

Never one to take this churlish sort of upstaging lightly, I decided it would be nice to break H'minee free. I duly did so.

She duly declared vendetta on me.

As did the Consciousness.

Bottom line: unless you're spoiling for a fight, don't do it.

Of course, I find it very useful sometimes.
        "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

usefull how? so you can throw them in your sphere instead?
          Don't drink and drive, smoke and fly.
          Anti-bush and anti-Bush.
          "Who's your Daddy? You know who your Daddy is, huh?? It's me! Yeah.. I'm your Daddy! Uh-huh! How come I'm your Daddy! 'Coz I did this to your Mama? Yeah, your Mama! Yeah this your Mama! Your Mama! You suck man, but your Mama's sweet! You suck, but your Mama, ohhh... Uh-huh, your Mama! Far out man, you do suck, but not as good as your Mama! So what's it gonna be? Spit or swallow, sissy boy?" - Superfly, joecartoon

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Iskandar Reza on 04-17-2001 07:45 PM
            usefull how? so you can throw them in your sphere instead?

So that the Hive can bring enlightenment to the subdued humans. If they are in somone eles's punishment sphere, they are not getting the proper brand of enlightenment. Sorry, I've been playing the Hive too much lately. I think the good Chairman's teachings have taken root. I should probably go play Morgan now to even things out.
            Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Yes, they will be submissive. And this is definite. This is built in the game code - if you rescue someone by a probe, he will pledge a pact to you, unless you're Marr and free H'Minee.
              However, if you PB/gas them later, they'll still get a Vendetta upon you.

------------------
              Solver the "Running Beer" - http://www.aok.20m.com
              Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
              I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

How interesting. All I can say is that I definitely rescued H'minee from Aki, and she declared Vendetta on me the next turn. I didn't have time to find her new base and I was unable to even talk to her diplomatically.

Perhaps I had just gassed/PBed her so much that she wouldn't talk to me...

Mind you, it did get me the chance to pick a fight with the Consciousness, so it wasn't all bad. I thought the CyC were supposed to have a war penalty as well??? In the manual it says that they have difficulty reproducing and fighting...
                "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Marr can resuce H'mniee and they pact

The only thing is you can't conduct diplomacy, your units can share the same tiles, and your warned against doing things like raising her land. It is however completely pointless.

Comment

Working...
                  X