No announcement yet.

Arghhh!!! I hate these aliens!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, Ogres can't regenerate in any fashion - even conquering a base with an ogre won't regain its health. Thanks God, I think!

Skywalker, these aliens are present in the SMAC expansion, Alien Crossfire...

------------------
    -----
    Long live THE HIVE!
    -----
    Long live THE HIVE!

Comment

This thought cam eto me while I was playing alien crossfire. You ally (not pact) yourself with one alien faction to stomp out the other. The other alien faction is almost dead and offers to surrender. You accept, thereofore they must sevre you.
      Then you attack the other aliens which you had just faught alongside. You have High Energy Chemistry so they go down pretty quickly. However, the other alien faction also offers you there defeat and they swear to obey you.
      Now you have BOTH alien factions at your feet. They BOTH MUST obey you, it's the rules. So then can you tell them to call the vendetta of each other?

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by knowhow2 on 04-09-2001 10:08 PM
        Come on now!

The Aliens is easy to kill with HEC. Okey.... maybe you also need DAP. But with these both tech then the Aliens will go down!

Example: I played a game, turn 2210, Marr had 26 bases, I had 15. He got nasty with me, I build an army of nerve gas needlejets (12) and sent then in. 15 turns later he had 8 bases left and where on th verge of being totally annihilated....

Sure, with air power, I don't even need nerve gas, soporific gas pods will suffice(after battling the aliens, the survivors can go on to the humans, so it's not a wasted ability), but remember, i'm playing blind research, and the map is standard planet, and the pirates have that inefficiency thing. even with 29 bases, i'm only getting +6 or +7 income per turn. and it's worse if i can't get social psyche, meaning my bases can only grow to size 2 before drone riots.

------------------
        Money is the key to end all your woes
        Your ups and your downs, your highs and your lows
        Won't you tell me last time that love bought you clothes?
        It's like that, and that's the way it is
        Don't drink and drive, smoke and fly.
        Anti-bush and anti-Bush.
        "Who's your Daddy? You know who your Daddy is, huh?? It's me! Yeah.. I'm your Daddy! Uh-huh! How come I'm your Daddy! 'Coz I did this to your Mama? Yeah, your Mama! Yeah this your Mama! Your Mama! You suck man, but your Mama's sweet! You suck, but your Mama, ohhh... Uh-huh, your Mama! Far out man, you do suck, but not as good as your Mama! So what's it gonna be? Spit or swallow, sissy boy?" - Superfly, joecartoon

Comment

strange, all my previous post under the previous nick shows that i live all over the globe. hmmm....
          Anti-bush and anti-Bush.
          "Who's your Daddy? You know who your Daddy is, huh?? It's me! Yeah.. I'm your Daddy! Uh-huh! How come I'm your Daddy! 'Coz I did this to your Mama? Yeah, your Mama! Yeah this your Mama! Your Mama! You suck man, but your Mama's sweet! You suck, but your Mama, ohhh... Uh-huh, your Mama! Far out man, you do suck, but not as good as your Mama! So what's it gonna be? Spit or swallow, sissy boy?" - Superfly, joecartoon

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Paul Vella on 04-10-2001 02:13 AM
            This thought cam eto me while I was playing alien crossfire. You ally (not pact) yourself with one alien faction to stomp out the other. The other alien faction is almost dead and offers to surrender. You accept, thereofore they must sevre you.
            Then you attack the other aliens which you had just faught alongside. You have High Energy Chemistry so they go down pretty quickly. However, the other alien faction also offers you there defeat and they swear to obey you.
            Now you have BOTH alien factions at your feet. They BOTH MUST obey you, it's the rules. So then can you tell them to call the vendetta of each other?

This will not work, if You nerve-gas an alien faction. If You use nerve gas then they will NEVER surrender.
            And even if You don't use nerve gase, I doubt if they would surrender, if You are pacted in some form with the other Alien faction.

Comment

So, basically what I should do is lay low, use whatever tech I have to execute hit and runs on their non-combatants, and play with the fungus??
              Anti-bush and anti-Bush.

Comment

Another tactic (4 data angels)

probe the aliens and steal their all their special techs (4 instance Ma'ar's techs are Progenitor Psych, Centauri Ecology, Field Modulation, Applied Physics, Biogenetics!!!). No just humbly research your way into impact weapons and you'll win .
                ... This body holding me reminds me of my own mortality...
                ... Pain is an illusion...

Comment

Yeah, tech stealing is good but it's adviseable that you run for tech once for each city the alien has, as your chances will drop low if you try to steal tech from a already stolen base(and will most likely lose your probe). You can save/reload until it does it ight but's cheesy, and can't be done in ironman.

As for my play I had contained the Caretaker to 2 cities only, only 2 techs were stolen - I wouldn't risk my precious probes that might me doing something harmful...

I'm still in the tech lead, alas. One good thing for transcend level I just discovered is that artifacts are better used to speed up SP than to discover new techs - you'll be better out in the end.

I have question, afterall: does the difficulty level plays any part on the final score(I know Ironman rules does, but transcendi gets more points than citizen?)

------------------
                  -----
                  Long live THE HIVE!
                  -----
                  Long live THE HIVE!

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Jokka das Trevas on 04-10-2001 03:16 PM

As for my play I had contained the Caretaker to 2 cities only, only 2 techs were stolen - I wouldn't risk my precious probes that might me doing something harmful...

Which brings up another question: How long before the city can be probed for tech steal again? In the meantime you can drain energy credits (i find this usefull in wars that have dragged too long that i'm strapped for cash, since i usually build trained troops and upgrade them)
                    Anti-bush and anti-Bush.

Comment

ILT, I didn't realise that you were playing Pirates. That faction has unique challenges and advantages. The advantage is that you have much less worry about an early game wipeout in the hands of the Aliens. You should be more than a match for them on the open sea. The disadvantage with the Pirates is getting enough minerals in the early game. I am guessing that your invasion failed because you were outgunned and also because you were forced to an amphibious assault.

There are different strategies for playing the Pirates, my favourite is to build a transport ship right away and then build a few (land) colony pods next and claim some nearby land. This will allow you to have some high mineral production cities that can crank out military units if need be. If you share a continent with your enemy these land bases will be valuable staging areas for your attacks. Pactmate's cities are also handy for this purpose.

If your enemy is on an island or continent where you have no cities, try to limit your assault to one or two vulnerable cities. Once you have a couple bases, even the tiny size ones that you get when you take over an alien's city, your full scale invasion later on will be that much easier.

Comment

Yes!!! I did it!!! I eliminated both alien buggers!! wahahahahahah!!!!!!!!

Thanks all for the wonderfull sugestions, thanks personally to Redfred for the land colonies as war factories suggestion. And to Jokka for the fungus ambush/colony pod ambush tactic.

And thank you all for showing me how to destroy their cities without obliterating them (gas em out of existence!! )

My initial invasion force, whose purpose was to push the caretakers further away from my colonies were 4 X impact rovers and 2 4x-3r-1 infantry. Did massive dammage and pushed them far to the north (the whole planet was one giant continent with one giant ocean at the south, and a unity wreckage peninsular (where I was)

I'm so happy!!! wahahawhshahawhahwah!!!!!
                        Anti-bush and anti-Bush.

Comment

Working...
                        X